cookbook 'nodejs', '= 1.1.1', :supermarket
cookbook 'nodejs', '= 1.1.1'
knife supermarket install nodejs
knife supermarket download nodejs
- Tested on Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.04
- Should work fine on Centos, RHEL, etc.
Opscode cookbooks (http://github.com/opscode/cookbooks/tree/master)
- nodejs['install_method'] = source or package
- nodejs['version'] - release version of node to install
- nodejs['src_url'] - download location for node source tarball
- nodejs['dir'] - location where node will be installed, default /usr/local
- nodejs['npm'] - version of npm to install
- nodejs['npm_src_url'] - download location for npm source tarball
Include the nodejs recipe to install node on your system based on the default installation method:
- include_recipe "nodejs"
Include the install_from_source recipe to install node from sources:
- include_recipe "nodejs::install_from_source"
Include the install_from_package recipe to install node from packages: Note that only apt (Ubuntu, Debian) appears to have up to date packages available. Centos, RHEL, etc are non-functional. (Try install_from_binary for those)
- include_recipe "nodejs::install_from_package"
Include the install_from_binary recipe to install node from official prebuilt binaries: (Currently Linux x86, x86_64 only)
- include_recipe "nodejs::install_from_binary"
Include the npm recipe to install npm:
- include_recipe "nodejs::npm"
LICENSE and AUTHOR
Copyright:: 2010-2012, Promet Solutions Copyright:: 2012, Cramer Development, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.