cookbook 'platformstack', '= 1.5.3', :supermarket
Provides Rackspace base platform and managed support
cookbook 'platformstack', '= 1.5.3'
knife cookbook site install platformstack
knife cookbook site download platformstack
This cookbook installs and sets up commonly used things that we consider useful or standard (such as setting the timezone to UTC).
This cookbook is intended to install things that are NOT specific to DevOps support level at Rackspace. Contrast this with rackops_rolebook cookbook which performs configuration specifically for DevOps customers.
Most things can be toggled with an
enabled attribute and some things are disabled by default. We lock down openssh pretty hard by default as well.
If you wish to use rackspace_cloudbackup or cloud monitoring you will need to set the following attributes:
- We only start iptables if
- We set up the rackconnect user and enable password auth via openssh if
- We allow ssh from the world by default (controled by the
Fairly simple and set by the
Sets up monitoring for the following by default:
- for non-memory type filesystems by default
- only enabled if set up via the
You can set the period and timeout along with the critical and warning thresholds via attributes, as well as configure custom monitors. Check the cloud_monitoring attributes file for more info.
Sets the timezone to UTC by default.
We run last in the run list via a notification / ruby_block trick to run last so that we can collect all overrides for node attributes.
This cookbook sets up the following (default disabled will be noted by a '*') - apt:: default if debian - locale - ntp - timezone - auto-patching - chef-client - postfix - newrelic (if license exists) - rackspace_cloudbackup - *statsd - *logstash_rsyslog client - *client-rekey - omnibus_updater - monitors - iptables - openssh
- Disable force upgrade of omnibus
- Setup remote-http monitors from attribute hash.
- Remove now-unused logstash_commons references
- Add missing dependency (wasn't an error since elkstack depends on it, but still)
- Add a hash to use to configure custom logstash
- Guard more of elkstack execution to be sure we don't do anything too early, undoes part of 1.4.2
- Remove logic that is already in elkstack::agent
- Bump to re-release due to Supermarket upload concerns
- Allow wrappers to supply additional custom monitors (always intended, but wasn't implemented)
1.5.3 passed this metric
1.5.3 passed this metric