cookbook 'ohai', '~> 4.2.2', :supermarket
Provides custom resources for installing Ohai hints and plugins
cookbook 'ohai', '~> 4.2.2'
knife cookbook site install ohai
knife cookbook site download ohai
Contains custom resources for adding Ohai hints and installing custom Ohai plugins. Handles path creation as well as the reloading of Ohai so that new data will be available during the same run.
- openSUSE / SUSE Enterprise Linux
- Chef 12.1+
Custom Resources (Providers)
Creates Ohai hint files, which are consumed by Ohai plugins in order to determine if they should run or not.
hint_name- The name of hints file and key. Should be string, default is name of resource.
content- Values of hints. It will be used as automatic attributes. Should be Hash, default is empty Hash
compile_time- Should the resource run at compile time. This defaults to true
Hint file installed to the default directory:
Hint file not installed at compile time:
ohai_hint 'ec2' do compile_time false end
Hint file installed with content:
ohai_hint 'raid_present' do content Hash[:a, 'test_content'] end
You can check for the creation or deletion of ohai hints with chefspec using these custom matches:
Installs custom Ohai plugins.
plugin_name- The name to give the plugin on the filesystem. Should be string, default is name of resource.
path- The path to your custom plugin directory. Defaults to a directory named 'plugins' under the directory 'ohai' in the Chef config dir.
source_file- The source file for the plugin in your cookbook if not NAME.rb.
cookbook- The cookbook where the source file exists if not the cookbook where the ohai_plugin resource is running from.
resource- The resource type for the plugin file. Either
:template. Defaults to
variables- Usable only if
:template. Defines the template's variables.
compile_time- Should the resource run at compile time. This defaults to
Simple Ohai plugin installation:
Installation where the resource doesn't match the filename and you install to a custom plugins dir:
ohai_plugin 'My Ohai Plugin' do name 'my_custom_plugin' path '/my/custom/path/' end
Installation using a template:
ohai_plugin 'My Templated Plugin' do name 'templated_plugin' resource :template variables node_type: :web_server end
You can check for the creation or deletion of ohai plugins with chefspec using these custom matches:
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2011-2016, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|compat_resource >= 12.14|
ohai Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the ohai cookbook.
- Ignore case in plugin path check on Windows
- Fix typo in compile warning text
- Depend on the latest compat_resource (12.14)
- Remove Chef 11 compat in the metadata
- Require Chef 12.1 not 12.0
- Define ohai_plugin matcher for Chefspec
- Added the ability to specify the source cookbook for the cookbook_file or template used in the ohai_plugin resource.
- Added chef_version to the metadata
- Added testing on openSUSE and switched from Rubocop to Cookstyle
- Fixed error in notifies reload for the delete action
- Bump the compat_resource requirement from 12.9+ to 12.10+ to prevent random failures
- Added the ability to use templates and pass in variables with the plugin custom resource
- Resolve failures on Windows nodes
- Added .rb to the name of the plugins so they actually load
- Added testing to ensure the plugins are being loaded in the chef run
The 4.0 release of the Ohai cookbook removes the previous cookbook_file behavior that required forking the cookbook and adding your own plugins. Instead the cookbook ships with a new ohai_plugin custom resource for installing plugins. In addition to this new custom resource the cookbook now requires Chef 12+. See the readme and test recipe for examples. If you require Chef 11 support you'll need to pin to version 3.0 in your environment.
- Fixed the Chefspec matchers
- Change the default value for
node['ohai']['hints_path']to use the Ohai config value. This should be the same value in most use cases, but if a custom path is specified in the chef client config this value will get used automatically by the cookbook.
- Removed backwards compatibility with Chefspec < 4.1 in the matchers library
- Fix bad link to the custom Ohai plugin documentation in the readme
- Improve documentation for
- Properly handle creating ohai hints without specifying the content. Previously if the content wasn't specified a deprecation notice would be thrown and the file would not be created
- Simplified the test suite and added inspec tests to ensure hints are created, especially if the content is not specified
- Added FreeBSD and Windows as supported platform in the metadata and add them to the Test Kitchen config
- Add Test Kitchen integration tests to Travis CI
- Updated testing Gems to the latest releases in the Gemfile
- Resolved deprecation warnings with the Chefspec matchers
- Validate the hints before loading them to avoid failures
- Added supported platforms to the metadata
- Updated .gitignore file
- Updated Test Kitchen config for the latest platforms
- Added Chef standard Rubocop config
- Added Travis CI testing
- Added Berksfile
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the readme and clarify the minimum supported Chef release is 11
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added a Chefignore file
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Added Chefspec matchers
- Added basic convergence Chefspec test
- [COOK-4683] Remove warnings about reopening resource
Please note, this changes the name of a remote_directory resource. It is not expected that anyone would be explicitly notifying this resource but, please review PR #16 for more info.
'[COOK-3865] - create lwrp ohai_hint'
- Dummy release due to a Community Site upload failure
- COOK-3091 - Fix checking
- [COOK-1918] - Ohai cookbook to distribute plugins fails on windows
- [COOK-2096] - Ohai cookbook sets unix-only default path attribute
- [COOK-2057] - distribution from another cookbok fails if ohai attributes are loaded after the other cookbook
- [COOK-1128] - readme update, Replace reference to deprecated chef cookbook with one to chef-client
- [COOK-1424] - prevent plugin_path growth to infinity
- [COOK-1174] - custom_plugins is only conditionally available
- [COOK-1383] - allow plugins from other cookbooks
- [COOK-463] ohai cookbook default recipe should only reload plugins if there were updates
FC009: Resource attribute not recognised: /tmp/d8aabbd0f86586b673639d57/ohai/resources/hint.rb:39
FC016: LWRP does not declare a default action: /tmp/d8aabbd0f86586b673639d57/ohai/resources/hint.rb:1
FC016: LWRP does not declare a default action: /tmp/d8aabbd0f86586b673639d57/ohai/resources/plugin.rb:1
4.2.2 passed the Collaborators Metric with 3 collaborators.