cookbook 'kafka', '= 1.0.20', :supermarket
kafka (13) Versions 1.0.20 Follow26
Installs and configures a Kafka broker
cookbook 'kafka', '= 1.0.20'
knife supermarket install kafka
knife supermarket download kafka
Installs kafka 0.7.1
- Java cookbook version >= 1.5
- Runit cookbook
- Zookeeper cookbook - The Kafka cookbook will utilize the clientPort from the Zookeeper cookbook as well as look for a role called "zookeeper" that is applied to nodes. All nodes with the role applied to them will be used as the Zookeeper quorum that Kafka connects to.
- kafa.version - The Kafka version to pull and use
- kafa.install_dir - Location for Kafka to be installed
- kafa.data_dir - Location for Kafka logs
- kafa.log_dir - Location for Kafka log4j logs
- kafa.broker_id - The id of the broker. This must be set to a unique integer for each broker. If not set, it defaults to the machine's ip address without the '.'.
- kafa.broker_host_name - Hostname the broker will advertise to consumers. If not set, kafka will use the host name for the server being deployed to..
- kafa.port - The port the socket server listens on
- kafa.threads - The number of processor threads the socket server uses for receiving and answering requests. If not set, defaults to the number of cores on the machine
- kafa.log_flush_interval - The number of messages to accept before forcing a flush of data to disk
- kafa.log_flush_time_interval - The maximum amount of time (ms) a message can sit in a log before we force a flush
- kafa.log_flush_scheduler_time_interval - The interval (in ms) at which logs are checked to see if they need to be flushed to disk
- kafa.log_retention_hours - The minimum age of a log file to be eligible for deletion
- kafka - Install a Kafka broker.
= LICENSE and AUTHOR:
Author:: Ivan von Nagy ()
Copyright:: 2012, Webtrends, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|zookeeper >= 0.0.0|
|runit >= 0.0.0|
|java >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.