cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.5.1', :supermarket
Handles FreeBSD ports setup
cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.5.1'
knife cookbook site install freebsd
knife cookbook site download freebsd
Sets up ports and pkgng on FreeBSD systems
- FreeBSD 9/10
- Chef 11+
||Execute portsnap resources at compile time|
This recipe ensures
pkgng), FreeBSD's next generation package management tool, is installed and configured.
This recipe is only useful on FreeBSD versions before 10 as
pkg ships in the base install of FreeBSD 10+. That being said the recipe is safe to include on the runlists of FreeBSD 10 nodes and will mostly operate in a no-op mode.
This recipe ensures the Ports Collection collection is fully up to date.
This recipe should appear first in the run list of FreeBSD nodes to ensure that the package cache is up to date before managing any
package resources with Chef.
Provides an easy way to set port options from within a cookbook.
It can be used in two different ways: - template-based: specifying a source will write it to the correct destination with no change; - options hash: if a options hash is passed instead, it will be merged on top of default and current options, and the result will be written back.
Note that the options hash take simple options names as keys and a boolean as value; when saving to file, this is converted to the format that FreeBSD ports expect:
|Option Key Name||Option Value||Options File|
|create||create the port options file according to the given options||Yes|
|name||The name of the port whose options file you want to manipulate;|
|source||if the attribute is set, it will be used to look up a template, which will then be saved as a port options file|
|options||a hash with the option name as the key, and a boolean as value.|
# freebsd-php5-options will be written out as /var/db/ports/php5/options freebsd_port_options "php5" do source "freebsd-php5-options.erb" action :create end # Default options will be read from /usr/ports/lang/php5; # current options from /var/db/ports/php5/options (if exists); # the APACHE options will be set to true, the others will be unchanged freebsd_port_options "php5" do options "APACHE" => true action :create end
License & Authors
Copyright 2010-2012, ZephirWorks Copyright 2012-2015, Chef Software, Inc. (<email@example.com>) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
freebsd cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the freebsd cookbook.
- Improved the description in the readme
- Fixed a failed spec
- Resolved rubocop warnings
- Only execute the cookbooks when running on FreeBSD so they can be safely included in base roles where they might run on Linux or Windows hosts
- Added a new option to execute the portsnap resources at compile time:
- Updated the supported FreeBSD releases to match those supported by the Chef Client (9/10 only)
- Significantly expanded Chefspec testing
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Updated the gitignore file
- Test on the latest Freebsd boxes in Test Kitchen
- Added chefignore file
- Added Chef standard rubocop config
- Updated Travis CI testing to use the ChefDK for up to date deps
- Updated Gemfile with the latest testing deps
- Updated testing and contributing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- Removing package provider monkey patch
- Dropping FreeBSD 8.2 support
- Don't install PKGNG on 9 if it already exists
- Add a recipe to install and configure PKGNG
- Level up ChefSpec and ServerSpec coverage
- Update method used for non-interactive portsnap on FreeBSD 10
- Updating to support both 11.12.8 and 11.4.2
- Reverting changes made in v0.1.6
- Update provider to match Chef-Client 11.14.2 changes
- [COOK-4454] Added FreeBSD 10 to test harness
[COOK-3933] - Add a recipe for ensuring the Ports Collection is up-to-date
- [COOK-2568]: FreeBSD cookbook throws Error in runtime
- [COOK-1605] -
- [COOK-1430] - resolve foodcritic warnings; LWRP now defines default action
- [COOK-1084] - fix older version building from ports
- [COOK-1074] - initial release
0.5.1 passed this metric
0.5.1 passed this metric