cookbook 'gimp', '~> 1.1.0', :supermarket
cookbook 'gimp', '~> 1.1.0'
knife cookbook site install gimp
knife cookbook site download gimp
A Chef cookbook for installing GIMP.
As of v1.0.0, this cookbook now requires Chef 12+.
This cookbook currently supports OS X, Windows, Debian/Ubuntu, FreeBSD, the assorted RHEL variants, and OpenSUSE. It uses the dmg, windows, apt, freebsd, and zypper community cookbooks to enable that platform support.
Either add the default recipe to your run_list or implement the resource directly in a recipe of your own.
A specific version of GIMP can be installed if you so desire:
default['gimp']['version'] = nil
Used to install the GIMP app.
gimp_app 'default' do version '1.2.3' action :install end
||Install the app|
||Uninstall the app|
||A specific version to install|
||Action(s) to perform|
Provider for Mac OS X platforms.
Provider for Windows platforms.
Provider for Debian and Ubuntu platforms.
Provider for FreeBSD platforms.
Provider for Red Hat/CentOS/Scientific/Amazon/Fedora platforms.
Provider for SUSE platforms.
A generic provider for any platform that can install GIMP with a Chef package resource.
A parent provider for all the platform-specific providers to subclass.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Add tests for the new feature; ensure they pass (
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
License & Authors
- Author: Jonathan Hartman email@example.com
Copyright 2015-2016, Jonathan Hartman
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|zypper ~> 0.1|
|freebsd ~> 0.3|
|apt ~> 3.0|
|windows ~> 1.37|
|dmg ~> 2.2|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
Gimp Cookbook CHANGELOG
- Bump apt dependency from 2.x to 3.x
- Fix OS X installation on case-sensitive filesystems
- Update provider resolution to adhere to the most recent standards set by e.g. the httpd cookbook.
- Rewrite OS X/Windows helper methods to account for all versions not always being released simultaneously for all platforms.
- Initial release, w/ support for OS X, Windows, Ubuntu/Debian, FreeBSD, RHEL/etc., OpenSUSE.
- Development started
1.1.0 passed this metric
1.1.0 passed this metric