cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.1.0', :supermarket
Handles FreeBSD ports setup
cookbook 'freebsd', '= 0.1.0'
knife cookbook site install freebsd
knife cookbook site download freebsd
Handles FreeBSD-specific features and quirks.
Tested on FreeBSD 7.2, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0.
The port_options LWRP provides an easy way to set port options from within a cookbook.
It can be used in two different ways:
- template-based: specifying a source will write it to the correct destination with no change;
- options hash: if a options hash is passed instead, it will be merged on top of default and current options, and the result will be written back.
Note that the options hash take simple options names as keys and a boolean as value; when saving to file, this is converted to the format that FreeBSD ports expect:
| LWRP option name | value | options file | | APACHE | true | WITH_APACHE=true | | APACHE | false | WITHOUT_APACHE=true |
- :create: create the port options file according to the given options. Default action.
- name: name attribute. The name of the port whose options file you want to manipulate;
- source: if the attribute is set, it will be used to look up a template, which will then be saved as a port options file;
- options: a hash with the option name as the key, and a boolean as value.
# freebsd-php5-options will be written out as /var/db/ports/php5/options freebsd_port_options "php5" do source "freebsd-php5-options.erb" action :create end # Default options will be read from /usr/ports/lang/php5; # current options from /var/db/ports/php5/options (if exists); # the APACHE options will be set to true, the others will be unchanged freebsd_port_options "php5" do options "APACHE" => true action :create end
License and Author
Author:: Andrea Campi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2010-2012, ZephirWorks
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.