cookbook 'mesos', '= 3.5.0', :supermarket
mesos (16) Versions 3.5.0 Follow22
Installs/Configures Apache Mesos
cookbook 'mesos', '= 3.5.0'
knife supermarket install mesos
knife supermarket download mesos
Application cookbook for installing the Apache Mesos cluster manager. Mesos provides efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications, or frameworks. This cookbook installs Mesos via packages provided by Mesosphere.
- Chef >= 12.5.1
- Ubuntu 15.04
- Ubuntu 14.04
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Debian 8.2
- CentOS 7.1
- CentOS 6.7
Supported Mesos versions
This cookbook is tested against the following Apache Mesos versions:
We intend to support at most the three latest versions of Apache Mesos including all patch releases for supported major versions. Ex. 0.21.0 + 0.21.1 etc..
In order to keep the README managable and in sync with the attributes, this cookbook documents attributes inline. The usage instructions and default values for attributes can be found in the individual attribute files.
Configuring Mesos via attributes
This cookbook introduces a few points of validation to prevent passing Mesos
invalid configuration options. The ruby block
mesos-master-configuration-validation extract a hash of all valid Mesos
configuration options from the
--help output of the master and slave binary
and check it against the provided attributes. This cookbook will fail to
converge if you try to use an invalid configuration option as a command line
flag attribute under
The valid list of Mesos options may be found at: https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/configuration.md
The default mesos recipe will run mesos::install.
The install recipe installs the specified version of the mesosphere mesos RPM or Debian package and installs it. It’s also configured to stop both mesos-master and mesos-slave init files so that they don't automatically start on server restart.
The master recipe runs mesos::install as well as creating several mesos-master configuration files that are used at startup. This recipe also uses the zookeeper attributes and/or exhibitor attributes to configure the mesos-master using zookeeper. Lastly it sets the mesos-master init config to 'start' so that mesos-master is started on server restart.
The slave recipe runs mesos::install as well as creating several mesos-slave configuration files that are used at startup. This recipe also uses the zookeeper attributes and/or exhibitor attributes to configure the mesos-slave using zookeeper. Lastly it sets the mesos-slave init config to 'start' so that mesos-slave is started on server restart.
The repo recipe contains logic for setting up Mesosphere debian and RPM repositories.
The following cookbooks are dependencies:
The following cookbooks are suggested:
Here is a sample role for configuring a Mesos master in a ZooKeeper backed production mode.
chef_type: role default_attributes: description: env_run_lists: json_class: Chef::Role name: mesos_master override_attributes: mesos: version: 0.25.0 master: flags: cluster: 'mesos-sandbox' zk: 'zk://127.0.0.1:2181/mesos' run_list: recipe[mesos::master]
Here is a sample role for creating a Mesos slave node with a seperate ZooKeeper
ensemble dynamically discovered via Netflix Exhibitor:
Please see the [Contributing](CONTRIBUTING.md) and [Issue Reporting](ISSUES.md) Guidelines.
License and Author
Copyright 2015 Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. This project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
3.5.0 - 2015-12-21
- Systemd support
- Dynamic configuration guard
- Set default
- Improved upstart script to start after network (@kamaradclimber)
- Default to Mesos 0.25.0
- Removed support for Mesos < 0.23.0
- Refactored testing suite
- Platform list updated to match Mesosphere package
- Tested with Chef 12.5.1
3.4.0 - 2015-08-25
- Added support for Apache Mesos 0.23.0.
- Removed support for Ubuntu 13.10.
- Removed support for Mesos 0.20.x.
- Changed all compile_time calls to at_compile_time for Chef 12.2.x compatibility with ChefSugar.
3.3.0 - 2015-07-05
- Added support for Apache Mesos 0.22.1.
- Added vagrant-wrapper in gemfile for testing.
- Set ulimit for init service if defined.
- Install mesosphere packages from a package mirror.
- Switched to using port 80 for Ubuntu Keyservers to get through corporate firewalls.
3.2.3 - 2015-03-29
- Fixed master and slave recipes to use node override for zk endpoints.
3.2.2 - 2015-03-29
- Fixed master and slave recipes to use node instead of default to set zk endpoints.
3.2.1 - 2015-03-29
- Fixed zk exhibitor discovery logic to use new master and slave flags.
3.2.0 - 2015-03-29
- Updated default Mesos version to 0.21.1.
- Added support for Mesos 0.22.0.
- Removed support for Mesos 0.19.x.
3.1.0 - 2015-03-27
- Refactor greatly simplifies Mesos wrapper script.
- Configuration now passed primarily via command line flags.
- Switched to Upstart & Sysvinit for Mesos init.
- Metadata uses suggests instead of recommends for the exhibitor cookbook.
Contributors for this release:
- Robert Vežnaver - Amazing Mesos wrapper refactor.
3.0.0 - 2015-03-11
- Mesos is now installed via the Mesosphere RPM and deb package repositories.
- Added validation for Mesos flags to ensure that Mesos starts with configured flags.
- Added support for Mesos 0.21.1.
- Added all Mesos attributes which can be configured.
- Added libsvn1 depedency for newer Mesos versions.
- Updated rubocop style file.
- Fixed a bug with the ZK exhibitor discovery mechanism.
- Fixed redhat family name in install recipe.
- Removed experimental docker recipe.
- Removed EC2 hostname logic.
- Removed support for Mesos 0.19.0.
2.0.0 - 2014-11-14
- Writes all attributes under
node['mesos']['master']to respective config files
- Adds support for Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
- Adds support for Debian 7 (Wheezy)
1.0.6 - 2014-02-19
- Re-added default-jre-headless as required package due to breaking issues with mesos debian package when used with a non-openjdk java like Oracle.
- Added some serverspecs to verify working cookbook with oracle jdk 7.
1.0.5 - 2014-02-15
- Removed default-jre-headless as required package
- Added slave checkpointing defaults
- Added kitchen-ec2 configuration for CI
1.0.4 - 2014-02-07
- Add support for RHEL linux family
- Updated integration tests (serverspec)
1.0.3 - 2014-02-03
- Fix zk_string generating logic to strip triailing comma
- Add exhibitor discover zookeepers retry logic
1.0.2 - 2014-01-31
- Fix docker-mesos egg url
1.0.1 - 2014-01-13
- Update default mesos version to 0.15.0
- Use attribute for mesos python bindings egg
1.0.0 - 2013-12-12
- Public release of cookbook
- Added experimental docker-mesos recipe
- Updated mesos default version to 0.14.2
[0.1.0] - 2013-10-08
- Initial Cookbook release
3.5.0 passed this metric
3.5.0 passed this metric