cookbook 'erlang', '= 2.0.1', :supermarket
Installs erlang, optionally install GUI tools.
cookbook 'erlang', '= 2.0.1'
knife cookbook site install erlang
knife cookbook site download erlang
Manages installation of Erlang via packages or source.
- Chef 11+
- build-essential (for source compilation)
node['erlang']['gui_tools']- whether to install the GUI tools for
node['erlang']['install_method']- Erlang installation method
- ("package", "source", or "esl" (for Erlang Solutions packages)).
node['erlang']['source']['version']- Version of Erlang/OTP to install from source.
node['erlang']['source']['url']- URL of Erlang/OTP source tarball.
node['erlang']['source']['checksum']- Checksum of the Erlang/OTP source tarball.
node['erlang']['source']['build_flags']- Build flags for compiling Erlang/OTP.
node['erlang']['source']['cflags']- CFLAGS for configuring Erlang/OTP.
node['erlang']['esl']['version']- version specifier for Erlang
- Solutions packages.
node['erlang']['esl']['lsb_codename']- override the code name
- used for ESL packages, useful for installing the packages on
- distributions that they don't make specific packages available
- (e.g., maverick vs precise).
Manages installation of Erlang. Includes the package or source recipe depending on the value of
Installs Erlang from distribution packages.
Installs Erlang from source.
Adds Erlang Solutions' package repositories on Debian, CentOS (>5), and Fedora systems, and installs the
License & Authors
- Author: Joe Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author: Joshua Timberman (email@example.com)
- Author: Matt Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author: Hector Castro (email@example.com)
- Author: Christopher Maier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2011-2015, Chef Software, Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|build-essential >= 0.0.0|
|yum-erlang_solutions >= 0.0.0|
|yum-epel >= 0.0.0|
|yum ~> 3.0|
|apt >= 1.7.0|
erlang Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the erlang cookbook.
- Use https urls for downloads
- Fix the computed attributes to behave correctly so you can override version and get a correct download URL
- Added additional chefspecs
- Added integration testing in Travis CI with kitchen docker
- Fixed changelog typo
- Update chefignore / .gitignore files
- The minimum supported Chef release is now 11
- Removed the workaround for Ubuntu 10.04 as 10.04 is no longer a supported platform
- Added additional platforms to the metadata
- Improved readme formatting
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Add a .foodcritic file to ignore rules
- Updated the gitignore file
- Updated to more modern platforms in the Kitchen config
- Added chefignore file
- Added Chef standard rubocop config
- Updated Travis CI testing to use the ChefDK for up to date deps
- Removed duplicate deps from the Berksfile
- Updated Gemfile with the latest testing deps
- Updated testing and contributing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added basic convergence Chefspec
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- Use source, not site, for Berksfile
- Lint fixes for rubocop and foodcritc
- Move cloud specific kitchen config to .kitchen.cloud.yml
- #29: fail the Chef run when attempting to use ESL on RHEL-family v5. The dependencies are not available, and blindly continuing leads to a broken state.
- #29: Don't add Erlang Solutions yum repository in the "package" recipe
- #29: Disable SSL verification of the EPEL repo in the "package" recipe due to an HTTP redirect bug in yum on RHEL -family 5.
- Update Berksfile to use https://supermarket.chef.io
- Update the
CONTRIBUTING.mdfile with new URLs and information
- Update copyright date and email addresses in
- Change 'Opscode, Inc.' to 'Chef Software, Inc.' where appropriate
- #24 - Add yum-epel recipe to install prereqs for erlang.
- #16 - Allow for systems with that do not have lsb installed
- [COOK-4610] - New APT repository for ESL
- [COOK-4296] Add an attribute for passing CFLAGS prior to compilation
[COOK-4296] - Add custom build flags when building from source
COOK-4155, use a version in version conditional
Porting to use cookbook yum ~> 3.0 Moving tests from minitest to bats Fixing style against rubocop
fixing metadata version error. locking to 3.0
Locking yum dependency to '< 3'
- COOK-2915 - Debian codename override
- Add support for Test Kitchen 1.0
- [COOK-2595]: erlang cookbook now incorrectly depends on apt <= 1.7.0
- [COOK-2894]: erlang::esl uses nil attribute
- [COOK-2509]: Add support for installing Erlang/OTP from Erlang Solutions' repositories
- [COOK-2287] - Add support for installing Erlang from source
- [COOK-1215] - Support Amazon Linux in erlang cookbook
- [COOK-1884] - Erlang Readme does not reflect cookbook requirements
- [COOK-1782] - Add test kitchen support
- [COOK-905] - Fix installation on RHEL/CentOS 6+
2.0.1 passed this metric
2.0.1 passed this metric