cookbook 'zabbix', '= 0.0.24', :supermarket
Installs/Configures Zabbix Agent/Server
cookbook 'zabbix', '= 0.0.24'
knife cookbook site install zabbix
knife cookbook site download zabbix
This cookbook install zabbix-agent and zabbix-server.
By defaut the cookbook install zabbix-agent, check the attribute for enable/disable zabbix_server / web or disable zabbix_agent installation.
Default login password for zabbix frontend is admin / zabbix CHANGE IT !
Please include the default recipe before using any other recipe. Example : "recipe[zabbix]", "recipe[zabbix::agent_source]"
Don't forget to set [:zabbix][:agent][:servers] = ["Your_zabbix_server.com","secondaryserver.com"] Don't forget to set [:zabbix][:web][:fqdn] or you will not have the zabbix web interface
If you want to use beta release of zabbix you can change the branch attribute and the zabbix version example :
node[:zabbix][:server][:branch] = "ZABBIX%20Latest%20Development" node[:zabbix][:server][:version] = "1.9.8"
node[:zabbix][:agent][:branch] = "ZABBIX%20Latest%20Development" node[:zabbix][:agent][:version] = "1.9.8" node[:zabbix][:agent][:install_method] = "source"
Be carefull when you update your server version, you need to run the sql patch in /opt/zabbix-$VERSION.
- Support more platform on agent side windows ?
- LWRP for telling host to use Zabbix Template
* Markdown Format for Readme.md
* Some Foodcritic
* Bug in metadata dependencies * Firewall does not fix the protocol anymore
* Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <firstname.lastname@example.org> his patch include centos/redhat zabbix_server support. * Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <email@example.com> his patch include directory has attribute. * Force a minimum version for apache2 cookbook
* Added Patch from Harlan Barnes <firstname.lastname@example.org> his patch include centos/redhat zabbix_agent support.
* Fix README
* Fix sysconfdir to point to /etc/zabbix on recipe server_source * Fix right for folder frontends/php on recipe web * Hardcode the PATH of conf file in initscript * Agent source need to build on a other folder * Add --prefix option to default attributes when using *-source recipe
* Don't mess with te PID, PID are now in /tmp
* Add depencies for recipe agent_source * Add AlertScriptsPath folder and option for server.
* Add firewall magic for communication between client and server
* Correction on documentation
* Fix some issue on web receipe.
* Change default value of zabbix.server.dbpassword to nil
* Remove mikoomo * Still refactoring
* Preparation for multiple type installation and some refactoring * Support the installation of a beta version when using the install_method == source and changing the attribute branch
* Tune of mikoomi for running on agent side.
* Fix some major issu
* Add some love to php value * Now recipe mysql_setup populate the database * Minor fix
* Change the name of the web_app to fit the fqdn
|apache2 >= 1.0.8|
|database >= 1.0.0|
|ufw >= 0.6.1|
|yum >= 0.0.0|
|mysql >= 1.2.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.