cookbook 'maven', '= 1.3.1'
Installs Apache Maven includes a resource for installing artifacts from maven
cookbook 'maven', '= 1.3.1', :supermarket
knife supermarket install maven
knife supermarket download maven
Install and configure maven2 and maven3 from the binaries provided by the maven project.
maven LWRP for pulling a maven artifact from a mave repository and placing it in an arbitrary location.
- Chef 11+
- java - this cookbook not only depends on the java virtual machine but it also depends on the java_ark LWRP present in the java cookbooks
- ark - used to unpack the maven tarball
node['maven']['version']- defaults to 3, specifies the major version of maven to install.
node['maven']['m2_home']- defaults to '/usr/local/maven/'
node['maven']['2']['url']- the download url for maven2
node['maven']['2']['checksum']- the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url using shasum -a 256 <file>
node['maven']['3']['url']- download url for maven3
node['maven']['3']['checksum']- the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url using shasum -a 256 <file>
node['maven']['repositories']- an array of maven repositories to use; must be specified as an array. Used in the maven LWRP.
node['maven']['setup_bin']- Whether or not to put mvn on your system path, defaults to false
node['maven']['mavenrc']['opts']- Value of
MAVEN_OPTSenvironment variable exported via
/etc/mavenrctemplate, defaults to
-Dmaven.repo.local=$HOME/.m2/repository -Xmx384m -XX:MaxPermSize=192m
node['maven']['install_java']- Whether or not to use the Java community cookbook to install Java. Defaults to
Includes the java recipe, and then installs maven according to the version specified by the
For testing only. From the development repository, use test-kitchen to test that the LWRP is operating with this recipe. Also contains example usage of the LWRP.
Simply include the recipe where you want Apache Maven installed.
The maven lwrp has two actions,
:put. They are essentially the same accept that the install action will name the the downloaded file
artifact_id-version.packaging. For example, the mysql jar would be named mysql-5.1.19.jar.
Use the put action when you want to explicitly control the name of the downloaded file. This is useful when you download an artifact and then want to have Chef resources act on files within that the artifact. The put action will creat a file named
name.packaging where name corresponds to the name attribute.
artifact_id- if this is not specified, the resource's name is used
group_id- group_id for the artifact
version- version of the artifact
dest- the destination folder for the jar and its dependencies
packaging- defaults to 'jar'
classifier- distinguishes artifacts that were built from the same POM but differ in context
repositories- array of maven repositories to use, defaults to ["http://repo1.maven.apache.org/maven2"]
owner- the owner of the resulting file, default is root
mode- integer value for file permissions, default is 0644
transitive- whether to resolve dependencies transitively, defaults to false. Please note: Event true will only place one artifact in dest. All others are downloaded to the local repository.
maven 'mysql-connector-java' do group_id 'mysql' version '5.1.19' dest '/usr/local/tomcat/lib/' end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.19.jar maven 'solr' do group_id 'org.apache.solr' version '3.6.1' packaging 'war' dest '/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/' action :put end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/solr.war maven 'custom-application' do group_id 'com.company.name' version '2.0.0' dest '/usr/local/tomcat/lib' classifier 'client' action :put end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/lib/custom-application-2.0.0-client.jar
License & Authors
- Author:: Seth Chisamore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author:: Bryan W. Berry (email@example.com)
- Author:: Leif Madsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2010-2015, Chef Software, Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
maven Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the maven cookbook.
NOTE: This will be the last release with Maven 2 support
- Added requirements section to the readme to clarify what distros are supported and the requirement of Chef 11+
- Updated .gitignore file
- Added Chef standard Rubocop config
- Updated Travis CI testing to use Chef DK
- Updated Berksfile to 3.x format
- Removed the version pin on apt in the Berksfile
- Updated Gemfile with the latest development dependencies
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added a Chefignore file
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Adding Windows support
- Adding flag to allow Java not to be managed by cookbook
- [COOK-3849] - Update maven 3 to 3.1.1
COOK-3352 - Improve
- COOK-2799 - Fix idempotency in LWRP
The following changes were originally released as 0.16.0, but the README incorrectly referred to the maven# recipes, which are now removed.
- [COOK-1874]: refactor maven default recipe to use version attributes
- [COOK-2770]: maven cookbook broken for maven3 now that maven 3.0.5 has been released
- [COOK-1336] - Make Transitive Flag Configurable
- [COOK-2191] - maven3 recipe's "version" doesn't match the attributes
- [COOK-2208] - Add 'classifier' attribute to maven cookbook
- [COOK-2116] - maven should be available on the path
- [COOK-1860] - refactor maven provider to use resources and
- [COOK-1337] - add put action to maven lwrp to control name of the downloaded file
- [COOK-1657] - fix download urls
- [COOK-1145] - maven lwrp to download artifacts
- [COOK-1196] - convert lwrp attributes to snake_case
- [COOK-1423] - check version attribute in default recipe
- [COOK-813] - installs maven2 and maven3 using the binaries from maven.apache.org
1.3.1 passed this metric
1.3.1 passed this metric