cookbook 'maven', '= 0.16.2', :supermarket
Installs Apache Maven includes a resource for installing artifacts from maven
cookbook 'maven', '= 0.16.2'
knife supermarket install maven
knife supermarket download maven
Install and configure maven2 and maven3 from the binaries provided by the maven project.
maven LWRP for pulling a maven artifact from a maven
repository and placing it in an arbitrary location.
- Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora
The following Opscode cookbooks are dependencies:
- java - this cookbook not only depends on the java virtual machine but it also depends on the java_ark LWRP present in the java cookbooks
- ark - used to unpack the maven tarball
node['maven']['version']defaults to 2, specifies the major version of maven to install.
node['maven']['m2_home']defaults to '/usr/local/maven/'
node['maven']['2']['url']the download url for maven2
node['maven']['2']['checksum']the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url using shasum -a 256 <file>
node['maven']['3']['url']download url for maven3
node['maven']['3']['checksum']the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url using shasum -a 256 <file>
node['maven']['repositories']- an array of maven repositories to use; must be specified as an array. Used in the maven LWRP.
node['maven']['setup_bin']Whether or not to put mvn on your system path, defaults to false
Includes the java recipe, and then installs maven according to the
version specified by the
For testing only. From the development repository, use test-kitchen to test that the LWRP is operating with this recipe. Also contains example usage of the LWRP.
Simply include the recipe where you want Apache Maven installed.
The maven lwrp has two actions,
:put. They are
essentially the same accept that the install action will name the the
artifact_id-version.packaging. For example, the
mysql jar would be named mysql-5.1.19.jar.
Use the put action when you want to explicitly control the name of the
downloaded file. This is useful when you download an artifact and then
want to have Chef resources act on files within that the artifact. The
put action will creat a file named
name.packaging where name
corresponds to the name attribute.
- artifact_id: if this is not specified, the resource's name is used
- group_id: group_id for the artifact
- version: version of the artifact
- dest: the destination folder for the jar and its dependencies
- packaging: defaults to 'jar'
- classifier: distinguishes artifacts that were built from the same POM but differ in context
- repositories: array of maven repositories to use, defaults to ["http://repo1.maven.apache.org/maven2"]
- owner: the owner of the resulting file, default is root
- mode: integer value for file permissions, default is 0644
- transitive: whether to resolve dependencies transitively, defaults to false. Please note: Event true will only place one artifact in dest. All others are downloaded to the local repository.
maven "mysql-connector-java" do group_id "mysql" version "5.1.19" dest "/usr/local/tomcat/lib/" end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.19.jar maven "solr" do group_id "org.apache.solr" version "3.6.1" packaging "war" dest "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/" action :put end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/solr.war maven "custom-application" do group_id "com.company.name" version "2.0.0" dest "/usr/local/tomcat/lib" classifier "client" action :put end # The artifact will be downloaded to /usr/local/tomcat/lib/custom-application-2.0.0-client.jar
License and Author
- Author:: Seth Chisamore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author:: Bryan W. Berry (email@example.com)
- Author:: Leif Madsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2010-2013, Opscode, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.