cookbook 'yumrepo', '= 0.16.4', :supermarket
The yumrepo cookbook has been deprecated
The yumrepo cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the yumrepo cookbook is no longer recommended. You may find that the yum-corporate cookbook is a suitable alternative.
Installs and configures EPEL, ELFF, Dell, and VMware yum repositories.
cookbook 'yumrepo', '= 0.16.4'
knife supermarket install yumrepo
knife supermarket download yumrepo
Manages Yum Repository files in /etc/yum.repos.d on CentOS / RHEL 5.x.
Yum repositories included in this recipe: EPEL, ELFF, Dell OMSA, Dell Community, Dell Firmware, VMware Tools, and more...
This cookbook requires RHEL or CentOS 5.x, and newer. It has not been tested on other platforms. It probably will not work with RHEL 4 or CentOS 4, especially if you have not taken action to manually install yum on that platform.
RHEL 6 support is fairly well tested in the dell, vmware-tools, and epel recipes. Let me know if you find a platform 6 bug, related to any one of the recipes.
The yumrepo::dell recipe requires Dell manufactured hardware. This recipe should automatically disable itself if non-Dell hardware is detected by Ohai
A major breaking change in this cookbook is the introduction of an
upgrade recipe for vmware-tools. Since VMWare does not support
upgrades on their packaged vmware-tools, I created a
vmware-tools-upgrade recipe to migrate from vmware-tools 4.1 to 5.0u1.
You should ensure the yumrepo recipes are not in a base role, until all your nodes have been migrated to 5.0u1. Due to this incompatibility, vmware-tools has been removed from the default recipe.
Individual Recipe Usage:
- Provides RPM keys and repo file for
Fedora EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux)
- See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL for more info
Provides repo files for the following Dell repositories.
- hardware / Open Manage Server Administrator
- community / formerly the software repository
- firmware / Convenient but unsupported by Dell
- See http://linux.dell.com for more info
repo['dell]['download_firmware'] = true||false
- disables/enables community/firmware repositories in dell recipe
- OMSA (hardware) repository will detect Dell hardware platform and enable itself, dynamically. It is not affected by this attribute.
- Provides repo files for rbel.frameos.org
- Ruby and Opscode Chef packages for RHEL distros
- Removes vmware-tools for ESX 4.1 installed with this cookbook. Then includes the yumrepo::vmware-tools recipe to re-install VMWare Tools compatiblie with ESX 5.0u1. This must be in your run list before the yumrepo::vmware-tools recipe to successfully upgrade the tools with the recipe.
- Uninstalls VMwareTools rpm installed from the VMware "Install/Upgrade VMware Tools" menu
- Uninstalls manually installed vmware-tools packages, the recipe needs to first run vmware-uninstall-tools.pl to use the RPM packages from the repo.
Provides RPM keys and repo file for VMware Tools for ESX
- See http://packages.vmware.com for more info
repo['vmware']['release'] (ESX version number, default 5.0u1)
- This is used to determine the correct URL in the VMware RHEL5/CentOS repository.
- Annvix repository for packages usable with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- See http://annvix.org for more information.
- See http://pgrpms.org for more information.
- Select version of Postgres to install via attribute.
- ZenOss Network Monitoring System
- See http://zenoss.org for more information
- Generic example recipe to be used with an internal Yum mirror, or
- By default this recipe uses the basename of your domain as the repository name.
- Jenkins CI yum repository
License and Author
Author:: Eric G. Wolfe Copyright:: 2010-2011
Author:: Tippr, Inc. Copyright:: 2010
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|yum >= 1.0.0|