cookbook 'trusted_certificate', '= 3.4.0', :supermarket
trusted_certificate (12) Versions 3.4.0 Follow2
Manages adding certificates to the OS trust store
cookbook 'trusted_certificate', '= 3.4.0'
knife supermarket install trusted_certificate
knife supermarket download trusted_certificate
This cookbook provides a
trusted_certificate resource to manage adding SSL/TLS certificates to the operating system's trust store.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- RHEL 6+
- Chef 12.15+
ca-certificates package that provides the certificate trust mechanism.
Adds a certificate to the operating system's trust store.
content: The contents of the cert to add. This can be specfied as inline content, a URL to a remote file, or a cookbook_file included in a wrapper cookbook.
certificate_name: The filename of the cert
Create certificate from inline content:
trusted_certificate 'my_corp' do action :create content 'THIS_WOULD_BE_THE_WHOLE_CERT_CONTENTS' end
Download from a remote location:
trusted_certificate 'my_corp_remote' do action :create content 'http://www.example.com/my_corp_remote.crt' end
Create cert from file included in a wrapper cookbook:
trusted_certificate 'my_corp_cert_wrapper' do action :create content 'cookbook_file://my_trusted_certs::my_corp_cert.crt' end
Delete a certificate from the chain:
trusted_certificate 'my_corp' do action :delete end
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
trusted_certificate Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the trusted_certificate cookbook.
3.4.0 - 2021-03-18
- Sous Chefs Adoption
- Add InSpec tests
- Update to enable installation of certs via URL or cookbook_file in wrapper cookbook - @qubitrenegade
- Move the cert update logic into a helper method - @tas50
- Update and expand testing - @tas50
- Remove the mention of the ChefSpec matcher - @tas50
- Remove the .foodcritic file - @tas50
- Require Chef 12.15+ - @tas50
- Switch to Policyfile instead of Berkshelf - @collinmcneese
- Replace Travis CI testing with GitHub Actions - @collinmcneese
- updates trusted_certificate resource for property content - @collinmcneese
- fixes unit test for content with new resource data - @collinmcneese
- updates content property to be required only for create action - @collinmcneese
- Make sure the resource loads on chef < 16 + other fixes - @tas50
- Added a new :delete action
- Removed Chefspec matchers that are now autogenerated by Chefspec
- Avoid deprecation warning in the Chefspecs
- Remove unnecessary required on the name property
- Remove the converge_by that's causing converges on every run
- name_attribute -> name_property in the custom resource
- Remove class_eval usage and require Chef 12.7+ to resolve failures on later Chef 12 releases
- Test with Local Delivery instead of Rake
- Fix method missing errors on older Chef clients
- Require Chef 12.5+ and remove compat_resource
- Convert the LWRP to a custom resource
- Add support for opensuse
- Remove Chef 11 compatibility in metadata
- Fix typo in the matcher name
- Add RHEL support
- Add Chefspec matcher
- Add chef_version metadata
- Change maintainer to Cookbook Team
- Fix badge URLs
- Document the provider in the readme
- Add matchers to the readme
- Add test cookbook and test the actual provider in Travis
- Initial release