cookbook 'tftp', '= 1.6.0', :supermarket
cookbook 'tftp', '= 1.6.0'
knife supermarket install tftp
knife supermarket download tftp
Configures the Trivial File Transfer Protocol server
tftpd. This cookbook may be used in conjunction with the
pxe_dust to create PXE-bootable Ubuntu installs.
- Chef 11+
The default recipe passes through to the server recipe.
The node will install and use the
tftpd application to provide files via tftp. Typically those nodes will be requesting images via PXE and configured from their BIOS as clients, so there is not a client recipe yet.
Nodes using the
tftp::server recipe will provide tftp access to whatever files are in their
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2008-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
tftp Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the tftp cookbook.
- Add a new attribute for controlling the user / group of tftp directories. Also properly set these to the defaults for RHEL/Fedora/Debian based systems
- Add a new attribute for controlling the permissions on the tftp directory
- Added support for RHEL 7 by installing xinetd on all RHEL systems to ensure it's present
- Switch to platform family to support additional RHEL and Debian derivatives
- Setup / Start the services after creating the dirs and templating the configs to prevent starting the service is a 1/2 working state and/or failures that would halt the chef run
- Fix service starts/restarts on Ubuntu
- Replace minitest testing with serverspec
- Added gitignore and chefignore files
- Added Test Kitchen config
- Added Rubocop config
- Added Travis config
- Added Berksfile
- Updated Testing and Contributing docs
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Gemfile with development dependencies
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the Readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the Readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added additional platforms to the metadata.rb
- Added issues_url and source_url to the metadata.rb
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added basic Chefspec converge test
- Converted symbols to strings for Foodcritic
- Resolved all Rubocop warnings
- Add License file
- [COOK-3297] - Improved support for customized settings for RedHat based systems, the default options were also corrected
- Resolved xinetd restarting on every chef run
- [COOK-1849] - Add RHEL support
- [COOK-1536] - tftp service doesn't restart if down
1.6.0 passed this metric
1.6.0 passed this metric