cookbook 'peopletools', '= 1.2.5'
Provides resources to install and configure an Oracle PeopleTools stack
cookbook 'peopletools', '= 1.2.5', :supermarket
knife supermarket install peopletools
knife supermarket download peopletools
peopletools Chef cookbook
The peopletools cookbook provides resources and recipes to install and configure an Oracle PeopleTools stack. This is based on the Puppet code and archive files in the Oracle DPK bundle (starting with 8.55.01).
- Chef 12.5 or higher
- Ruby 2.0 or higher (preferably from the Chef full-stack installer)
- Network accessible package repositories
The following platforms have been tested with Test Kitchen:
- Red Hat
peopletools as a dependency in your cookbook's
depends 'peopletools', '~> 1.2'
Copy the tgz archive files for Oracle Inventory, JDK, PS Home, Tuxedo, WebLogic, etc from the Oracle delivered DPK to a repository such as Artifactory. Configure the default['peopletools']['archive_repo'] attribute to point to the repository location. Use the recipes or resources to deploy and configure PeopleTools.
The default recipe is blank.
Configures resources required for a PeopleTools app server.
Configures system settings such as kernel parameters, users, and groups.
Configures resources required for a PeopleTools web server.
Resource to configure tnsnames.ora.
Resource to deploy Oracle Inventory.
Resource to deploy Oracle JDK.
Resource to deploy Oracle Client.
Resource to deploy Oracle PS App Home.
Resource to deploy Oracle PS Home.
Resource to deploy Oracle Tuxedo.
Resource to deploy Oracle WebLogic.
Resource to configure .bashrc.
.kitchen.yml is configured to use vagrant with centos-7.2. Two environment variables must be configured to set the
['peopletools']['ps_app_home']['archive_repo'] attribute values. These should be set to the location of the repositories which hold the archive files for PeopleTools and ps_app_home. They can be different locations if required, and should not contain a trailing forward slash. E.g.
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Create a named feature branch (like
- Write your change.
- Write tests for your change (this cookbook currently uses InSpec with Test Kitchen).
- Run the tests, ensuring they all pass.
- Submit a Pull Request using GitHub.
License and Authors
Author: Richard Lock
Copyright 2016 University of Derby
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
|ark ~> 1.0|
|limits ~> 1.0|
|sysctl ~> 0.7|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
peopletools Cookbook CHANGELOG
- Changed additional_commands property to custom_commands in bashrc resource and set default.
- Added additional_commands property to bashrc resource.
- Added ps_cust_home_dir variable to bashrc template.
- Changed bashrc ps_cfg_home_dir and ps_cust_home_dir property defaults.
- Changed bashrc and tnsnames resources to use path as name property.
- Added bashrc resource.
- Added tnsnames resource.
- Modified guard for tuxedo to avoid install order issues with weblogic.
- Renamed ps_apphome resource to ps_app_home to match Oracle references.
- Removed setting of password for users; tidied up system recipe/attributes.
- Renamed default oracle user from oracle2 to oracle.
- Moved sysctl attributes from attributes file to system recipe to prevent issues with wrapper cookbooks.
- Updated deploy user/group for ps_apphome to match Oracle default.
- Added attribute to allow ps_apphome archive_repo to be different from the peopletools archive_repo and updated Readme.
- Added limits attributes and configuration for psft_runtime and psft_app_install groups.
- Changed deployment resources property from archive_file to archive_url.
- Added cookbook property to template resources to prevent wrapper cookbook issues.
- Fixed RuboCop offenses; updated Readme.
- Initial release of peopletools.
1.2.5 passed this metric
1.2.5 passed this metric