cookbook 'htpasswd', '= 2.0.0', :supermarket
htpasswd (13) Versions 2.0.0 Follow18
Provider for htpasswd
cookbook 'htpasswd', '= 2.0.0'
knife supermarket install htpasswd
knife supermarket download htpasswd
Manage users in htpasswd files.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- CentOS 7+
- Debian 9+
- Ubuntu 16.04+ LTS
This cookbook requires Chef Infra >= 15.3.
- :add: Add a login in a htpasswd file. Update and modify it if there is already one and create file if not found (default)
- :overwrite: Overwrite an htpasswd file (delete file and add user) NOTE: This action is not idempotent.
- :delete: Delete a login in a htpasswd file.
- :file: Path of the htpasswd to manage
- :user: User to create
- :password: Password for the user
- :type: Password algorithm to use. Valid options are: "md5", "bcrypt", "sha1", "plaintext", or "crypt". Default is "md5"
- :mode: File mode for the file. Default is
# add user "foo" with password "bar" to "/etc/nginx/htpassword" with the default md5 type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "bar" end # add user "foo" with password "bar" using sha1 as the type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "bar" type "sha1" end # add user "foo" with encrypted password using plaintext as the type. htpasswd "/etc/nginx/htpassword" do user "foo" password "$apr1$H5Z8CUB.$L3wyxUF1ZDd.oZFlTkJ4X." type "plaintext" end
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
htpasswd Cookbook Changelog
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the htpasswd cookbook.
2.0.0 - 2021-05-13
- Chef 17 updates: enable
unified_modeon all resources
- Bump required Chef Infra Client to >= 15.3
1.0.0 - 2020-09-28
- Automated PR: Cookstyle Changes #39
- Automated PR: Standardising Files #38
- Fix converge failures on Chef 16
- Fix idempotency for
- Fix htauth gem loading issues
- Support for 'plaintext' type #32
- Adoption by Sous-Chefs #40
- Add delete and overwrite test-kitchen suites
- Add mode parameters for file
- Update test-kitchen to modern platforms
- Update metadata.rb for Sous Chefs
- Update README.md for Sous Chefs
- Convert htpasswd to a custom resource
- Remove unused recipes and other dependencies
0.3.0 - 2017-05-21
- Tests #30
- Fix FC069, FC071, FC078 #26
- Update testing #25
- Switch from python to poise-python #24
- Update attribute default.rb #22
- Drop ruby 1.9.3 #20
- Add default package to packages attribute #19
- Fix Jenkins URL to match github repo #18
0.2.4 - 2014-09-23
- Remove ruby dep (very old and unmaintained) (fixed #15)
- Fix rubocop
- Update rubocop
0.2.2 - 2014-09-17
- Cleanup provider init
- Add why-run
0.2.0 - 2014-09-17
0.1.2 - 2014-03-14
- Rubocop #12
- Fix travis #11
- Use htauth lib to manage htpasswd files. #10
- Added :delete action for user #5
0.0.3 - 2013-07-18
- Berkshelf support
0.0.2 - 2013-07-18
- Initial release