cookbook 'ephemeral_lvm', '= 1.0.9', :supermarket
Configures available ephemeral devices on a cloud server
cookbook 'ephemeral_lvm', '= 1.0.9'
knife cookbook site install ephemeral_lvm
knife cookbook site download ephemeral_lvm
This cookbook will identify the ephemeral devices available on the instance based on Ohai data. If no ephemeral devices are found, it will gracefully exit with a log message. If ephemeral devices are found, they will be setup to use LVM and a logical volume will be created, formatted, and mounted. If multiple ephemeral devices are found (e.g. m1.large on EC2 has 2 ephemeral devices with 420 GB each), they will be striped to create the LVM.
Github Repository: https://github.com/rightscale-cookbooks/ephemeral_lvm
- Chef 11 or higher
- A cloud that supports ephemeral devices. Currently supported clouds: EC2, Openstack, and Google.
- Cookbook requirements
- Ubuntu 12.04
- CentOS 6
ephemeral_lvm::default in the runlist and the ephemeral devices will be setup.
node['ephemeral_lvm']['filesystem']- the filesystem to be used on the ephemeral volume. Default:
node['ephemeral_lvm']['mount_point']- the mount point for the ephemeral volume. Default:
node['ephemeral_lvm']['volume_group_name']- the volume group name for the ephemeral LVM. Default:
node['ephemeral_lvm']['logical_volume_size']- the size to be used for the ephemeral LVM. Default:
'100%VG'- This will use all available space in the volume group.
node['ephemeral_lvm']['logical_volume_name']- the name of the logical volume for ephemeral LVM. Default:
node['ephemeral_lvm']['stripe_size']- the stripe size to be used for the ephemeral logical volume. Default:
This recipe sets up available ephemeral devices to be an LVM device, formats it, and mounts it.
Author:: RightScale, Inc. (email@example.com)
|lvm ~> 1.1.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
ephemeral_lvm Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the ephemeral_lvm cookbook.
- Run 'wipefs' on each ephemeral disk erasing any filesystem signatures, avoiding user interaction during lvm commands.
- Add testing for support of Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7.0, and RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.0.
- Set the fs_passno field to 0 in /etc/fstab to inform fsck that the filesystem used by the ephemeral volumes should not be checked after stop/start.
- #19: Do not automatically mount the ephemeral LVM since ephemeral volumes are actually ephemeral and will not come back after stop/start.
- Changed a misleading error message where no ephemeral disks were found.
- Update lvm cookbook dependency to
- Pull Request #13: Fixed a bug where
fix_device_mappingwas returning the output of
nilif it could not find the ephemeral device (@autrejacoupa)
- Pull Request #9: Debian is now added as a supported platform (@drywheat)
- Make sure cloud specific node area is available before accessing it
- Pull Request #11: Added support for all EC2 instance types (@drywheat)
- Updated README
- Initial release
<!--- The following link definition list is generated by PimpMyChangelog --->
1.0.9 passed this metric
1.0.9 passed this metric