cookbook 'dnsimple', '= 1.2.0', :supermarket
Provides Chef Resource for automating DNS configuration with DNSimple
cookbook 'dnsimple', '= 1.2.0'
knife cookbook site install dnsimple
knife cookbook site download dnsimple
A Light-weight Resource and Provider (LWRP) supporting automatic DNS configuration via DNSimple's API.
- A DNSimple account at https://dnsimple.com
- Chef 11 or newer (Feel free to send a pull request for Chef 10.x support)
- This cookbook currently cannot work with Chef 12.1.0 due to a dependency conflict with the 'net-scp' and 'net-ssh' dependnecies of the fog gem. If you have a solution for this, please send a Pull Request.
All attributes are
false by default.
node[:dnsimple][:username]: Your DNSimple login username.
node[:dnsimple][:password]: Your DNSimple login password.
node[:dnsimple][:domain]: The domain that this node should use.
node[:dnsimple][:test]: Unused at this time.
Manage a DNS resource record through the DNSimple API. This LWRP uses the fog Ruby library to connect and use the API.
| Action | Description | Default | |-----------|----------------------|---------| | *create* | Create the record. | Yes | | *destroy* | Destroy the record. | |
The type of record can be one of the following: A, CNAME, ALIAS, MX, SPF, URL, TXT, NS, SRV, NAPTR, PTR, AAA, SSHFP, or HFINO.
| Parameter | Description | Default | |------------|---------------------------------|---------| | *domain* | Domain to manage | | | *name* | _Name_: Name of the record | | | *type* | Type of DNS record | | | *content* | String/Array content of records | | | *ttl* | Time to live. | 3600 | | *priority* | Priorty of update | | | *username* | DNSimple username | | | *password* | DNSimple password | | | *test* | Unused at this time | false |
dnsimple_record "create an A record" do name "test" content "184.108.40.206" type "A" domain node[:dnsimple][:domain] username node[:dnsimple][:username] password node[:dnsimple][:password] action :create end dnsimple_record "create a CNAME record for a Google Apps site calendar" do name "calendar" content "ghs.google.com" type "CNAME" domain node[:dnsimple][:domain] username node[:dnsimple][:username] password node[:dnsimple][:password] action :create end dnsimple_record "create a A record with multiple content values" do name "multiple" content ["220.127.116.11", "18.104.22.168"] type "A" domain node[:dnsimple][:domain] username node[:dnsimple][:username] password node[:dnsimple][:password] action :create end
Add the the
dnsimple recipe to a node's run list, or with
include_recipe to install the fog
gem, which is used to interact with the DNSimple API. See
examples of the LWRP usage above.
License and Author
Copyright:: 2014-2016 Aetrion, LLC
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
1.2.0 / 2016-06-09
This will be the last non-bugfix version to use the fog gem and the v1 API.
- Nokogiri now bundles libxml2 and libxslt making life somewhat easier for us and simplifying the default recipe, which was broken at the time. We've removed the dependency package installs with exception of zlibg1 for debian family platforms.
- Change chef_gem resource usage to not break in chef 12 or chef 11
- Resolved all foodcritic warnings with the newest foodcritic
- Resolved the chefspec and compile_time warnings
- change to chefstyle
- Clean up and simplify tests with rake
- fix up travis tests
1.1.0 / 2015-03-06
- Changed fog version number to nil, which causes it to install the latest version. This will cause a conflict with Chef 12.1.0 and is currently a known issue. If you are going to set a version, then it is suggested to use at least 1.20.0, which contains the updated api endpoint.
Use latest Fog gem release, not the master git branch.
- Updated and cleaned up test suite to be RSpec 3.0 compatible (truthy and falsy)
- Upgraded to Berkshelf 3.0
- Upgraded to ChefSpec 4.0 which officially makes this cookbook Chef 11.x or higher compatible. Noted in the README.
- Cleaned up and updated copyrights in the licensing notices
1.2.0 passed this metric
1.2.0 passed this metric