cookbook 'cron', '= 1.7.5', :supermarket
cookbook 'cron', '= 1.7.5'
knife supermarket install cron
knife supermarket download cron
Installs the cron package and starts the crond service.
- RHEL family
- Debian family
- Solaris family
- Arch Linux family
- Chef 11+
Resources and Providers
cron_d LWRP can be used to manage files in
/etc/cron.d. It supports the same interface as Chef's built-in
cron_d 'daily-usage-report' do minute 0 hour 23 command '/srv/app/scripts/daily_report' user 'appuser' end
Note: FreeBSD does not support cron.d functionality, so it is emulated. cron fragments are created in /etc/cron.d, then they are concatenated together into /etc/crontab. FreeBSD puts some core OS functionality into /etc/crontab, so the original file is copied to /etc/crontab.os_source, and included in the concatenation.
Note: This LWRP does not function on Solaris platforms because they do not support running jobs stored in /etc/cron.d. Any Solaris users are welcome to test the emulate_cron.d functionation that was implemented for FreeBSD. See defaults/attributes.rb for more information.
weekday- schedule your cron job. These correspond exactly to their equivalents in the crontab file. All default to "*".
predefined_value- schedule your cron job with one of the special predefined value instead of _ _ _ _ * pattern. This correspond to
command- the command to run. Required.
user- the user to run as. Defaults to "root".
shell- set the corresponding environment variables in the cron.d file. No default.
environment- a Hash containing additional arbitrary environment variables under which the cron job will be run (similar to the
shellLWRP). No default.
mode- the octal mode of the generated crontab file. Defaults to
cron_manage definition can be used to manage the
/etc/cron.deny files. Incude this cookbook as dependency to your cookbook and execute the definition as:
The following will add the user mike to the
cron_manage 'mike' do user 'mike' action :allow end
The following will add the user john to the
cron_manage 'john' do user 'john' #optional, resource name will be used if not specified. action :deny #optional, deny is the default end
user- username that you want to control (optional).
:deny. :deny is the default.
License & Authors
- Author:: Cookbook Engineering Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2010-2015, Chef Software, Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
cron Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the cron cookbook.
- Fixes '* is not valid value for validate_numeric' errors
- Sanitize cron job names in the custom resource to replace '.' with '-'
- Re-release to remove DS Store file that snuck in
- Fixed the inability to delete a cron job without specifying the command. Expanded tests to cover this scenario and the create_if_missing action
- #65 - Added action create_if_missing for cron jobs you want to create, but not modify later
- Added Arch Linux support
- Added FreeBSD support, which emulates /etc/cron.d folder support and builds a single /etc/crontab file using the contents of /etc/cron.d
- Ensure that the cron package is installed on Debian based systems
- Updated Kitchen CI to use new format and additional platforms
- Added standard Rubocop config for Chef managed cookbooks and resolved all warnings
- Added Travis CI testing for foodcritic, rubocop, and chefspec
- Added Serverspec tests for Kitchen CI
- Updated Berkfile to the latest format
- Updated contributing and testing documentation
- Updated Gemfile dependencies to the latest releases of testing gems
- Removed pre-1.9 Ruby hash rocket syntax
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added cookbook version and Travis CI badges to the readme
- Clarified that the minimum supported Chef release is 11.0
- Added a Rakefile for easier testing
- Added chefignore file to limit what files are uploaded to the Chef server
- Added long_description to the metadata.rb file
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata.rb file for Supermarket
- Updated Chefspec for 4.X format
- [#48] fix typo apry -> apr
-  Add environment parameter to LWRP
-  Allow user to specify file permissions
- [#25] Fixes NameError exception on :delete
- [#33] Updates README
- [#40] Fixes local test-kitchen config
- [#20] Implements a comment for cron_d provider
- [#46] Fixes a broken case statement causing cron_d to fail
- [#31] Fix up validate_month for Fixnums
- [#32] Fix upvalidate_dow for Fixnums
- [COOK-4628] Adding cron_manage to allow or deny users
- [COOK-4550] - cron_d resource sometimes does not print the time in the cron output
- PR #23 fix validate month and dow
- Updating test harness, adding specs
- [COOK-4507] - restore ability to use @ fields
- [COOK-4544] fixing NameError exception on :delete action
- [COOK-4337] fixing validations
- Reverting [COOK-4337] - cron cookbook does no input validation
- [COOK-4337] - cron cookbook does no input validation
- [COOK-4229] - Support the Gentoo package
- COOK-4112 - Solaris 11 support for cron
- COOK-3813 - Add metadata for recipes in the cron cookbook
- COOK-3452 - Add support for raspbian platform
- COOK-3005 - Remove blankline in template
- [COOK-3058]: simplify conditionals in cron recipe
- [COOK1829] -
cron_dLWRPtemplate should imply cron cookbook by default
- [COOK-938] - don't default to upgrading cron and fix rhel6 package name
- [COOK-1622] - add LWRP for cron.d files
- [COOK-1514] - Cron cookbook manages wrong service name on SuSE
- [COOK-1124] - add RHEL platform support
1.7.5 failed this metric
FC015: Consider converting definition to a LWRP: /tmp/cook/0bbd42d1685dc0e293ae615d/cron/definitions/manage.rb:1
1.7.5 failed this metric