cookbook 'webpi', '= 2.0.0'
Installs/Configures the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI)
cookbook 'webpi', '= 2.0.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install webpi
knife supermarket download webpi
Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI) automates the installation of Microsoft's entire Web Platform. This cookbook makes it easy to get WebpiCmdLine.exe the lightweight CLI version of WebPI onto a Windows node. It also exposes a resource for installing WebPI products idempotently.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 (R1, R2)
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 (R1, R2)
- Chef 11+
node['webpi']['home']- location to install WebPI files to. Default is
node['webpi']['url']- Path to download webpi zip.
node['webpi']['xmlpath']- Optional path to custom xml file.
node['webpi']['install_method']- Method of installing webpi via msi or zip. Default is msi.
node['webpi']['msi']- Location of msi file to use.
node['webpi']['msi_package_name']- Windows package name, found in registry, for msi. Defaults to "Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.5"
- :install: install a product using WebpiCmdLine
- product_id: name attribute. Specifies the ID of a product to install.
- accept_eula: specifies that WebpiCmdline should auto-accept EULAs. Default is false.
Install IIS 7 Recommended Configuration (will install IIS 8 on Windows 2012 despite the name)
webpi_product 'IIS7' do accept_eula true action :install end
Install Windows PowerShell 2.0
webpi_product 'PowerShell2' do accept_eula true action :install end
Downloads and unzips
WebpiCmdLine.exe to the location specified by
WebpiCmdLine.exe is used required by the
webpi_product LWRP for taking all actions.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2011-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|windows >= 1.39.0|
webpi Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the webpi cookbook.
- Install WebPI 5.0 by default
- Fix runs on Chef 11 systems
- Modernization of cookbook supporting travis ci, kitchen convergence testing, style checking and foodcritic rule compliance
- Removed unnecessary includes of the default recipe in the windows cookbook to eliminate warnings
- COOK-3832 - install-msi recipe should leverage chef cache
- [COOK-3372] - unzip webpi if webpi executable doesn't exist
- COOK-3474 - Upgrade WebPI (4.5 no longer exists)
- [COOK-2719]: update webpi documentation to show that Windows 2012
- and Windows 8 are supported
- [COOK-2298] - webpi will not install anything due to logic bug
- [COOK-1270] - webpi creates logs with timestamps in the name
- cluttering c:\
- [COOK-2438] - WebPI should use an attribute for MSI package name
- [COOK-2452] - WebPI should check comma separated string of
- components to determine which to install if any
- [COOK-1251] - Fix LWRP "NotImplementedError"
- [COOK-1726, COOK-1760] - Upgrade to webpi version 4
- Created the ability to use the XML parameter for custom xml files.
- Ruby 1.9 compat fixes
- don't unzip if files already exist
- initial release
2.0.0 passed this metric
2.0.0 passed this metric