cookbook 'vim', '= 1.1.4'
Installs vim and optional extra packages.
cookbook 'vim', '= 1.1.4', :supermarket
knife supermarket install vim
knife supermarket download vim
Installs or compiles/installs vim.
Default recipe attributes:
node['vim']['extra_packages']- An array of extra packages related to vim to install (like plugins). Empty array by default.
node['vim']['install_method']- Sets the install method, choose from the various install recipes. This attribute is set to 'package' by default.
Source recipe attributes:
node['vim']['source']['version']- The version of vim to compile, 7.4 by default.
node['vim']['source']['checksum']- The source file checksum.
node['vim']['source']['dependencies']- These are the non rhl specific devel dependencies for compiling vim.
node['vim']['source']['centos_dependencies']- These are the rhl and centos specific dependencies needed for compiling vim.
node['vim']['source']['prefix']- This is the path the vim bin will be placed, it's
node['vim']['source']['configuration']- If you prefer to compile vim differently than the default you can override this configuration.
recipe[vim] in a run list, or
include_recipe 'vim' to ensure that vim is installed on your systems.
If you would like to install additional vim plugin packages, include their package names in the
node['vim']['extra_packages'] attribute. Verify that your operating sytem has the package available.
If you would rather compile vim from source, as the case may be for centos nodes, then override the
node['vim']['install_method'] with a value of
License and Author
- Author:: Joshua Timberman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright:: 2010-2015, Chef Software, Inc Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
vim Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the vim cookbook.
- Converted value_for_platform to value_for_platform_family in order to support all RHEL and Debian derivitives
- Added a Kitchen CI config for integration testing
- Updated Travis to test on the latest ruby versions and to perform Chefspec tests
- Updated Berkfile to 3.X format
- Added updated CONTRIBUTING.MD, TESTING.MD and MAINTAINERS.MD files
- Added Chefspec tests to get coverage to 100%
- Added an expanded .gitignore and a chefignore file to limit the files uploaded to the chef-server
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Resolved rubocop warnings
- Added Oracle Linux and Amazon Linux to the metadata file
- Updated development dependencies
- Updated Kitchen config to work with the latest in Chef DK
- Fixed Ubuntu package installer bug. Adding specs.
- COOK-2465 - Add a compile and settings optional recipe.
1.1.4 passed this metric
1.1.4 passed this metric