cookbook 'system', '= 0.3.3'
Installs/Configures system elements such as the hostname and timezone.
cookbook 'system', '= 0.3.3', :supermarket
knife supermarket install system
knife supermarket download system
This cookbook is designed to provide a set of recipes to manage core system properties.
- Chef >= 10
- Ruby 1.9
- Debian, Ubuntu
- CentOS, RHEL, Fedora
- Arch Linux
attributes/default.rb for default values.
node['system']['timezone']- the system timezone to set, default
node['system']['short_hostname']- the short hostname to set on the node, default is
node['system']['domain_name']- the domain name to set on the node, default
node['system']['static_hosts']- an array of static hostnames to add to /etc/hosts
node['system']['upgrade_packages']- whether to upgrade the system's packages, default
node['system']['packages']['install']- an array of packages to install
node['system']['packages']['install_compile_time']- an array of packages to install in Chef's compilation phase
The following attributes should never need to be user set:
metadata.rb for more information.
License and Authors
- Author: Chris Fordham (email@example.com)
Copyright 2011-2014, Chris Fordham Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the system cookbook.
- Initial pre-release version
- Initial 'pre 1' minor release
- Includes bug fixes, revised code and more testing files
- Fix missing quote for rs_tag command in hostname provider
- Fix missing equals sign for service_action variable
- Fix notifies for service[hostname] for Debian
- Set 127.0.1.1 on Debian if needed
- Fix for OHAI-389
- Set supports status false for hostname service
- Use service_name for hostname resource name
- Minor log text improvements for show host info
- Notify the hostname service immediately.
- Address FC037: Invalid notification action
- Add chefignore
- Add TESTING.md
- Revision only to address https://github.com/xhost-cookbooks/system/issues/6
0.3.3 passed this metric
0.3.3 passed this metric