cookbook 'redhat_subscription_manager', '= 0.3.0', :supermarket
The redhat_subscription_manager cookbook has been deprecated
The redhat_subscription_manager cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the redhat_subscription_manager cookbook is no longer recommended.
redhat_subscription_manager (15) Versions 0.3.0 Follow7
Provides custom resources to interact with Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM) and Red Hat Satellite
cookbook 'redhat_subscription_manager', '= 0.3.0'
knife supermarket install redhat_subscription_manager
knife supermarket download redhat_subscription_manager
The Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM) cookbook provides custom resources for use in recipes to interact with RHSM or a locally-installed Red Hat Satellite. These resources allow you to configure your hosts' registration status, repo status, and installation of errata.
This cookbook focuses on Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts with support for
subscription-manager tool and the new style of registration and
subscription management. It does not support the former
spacewalk-channel method of channel registration.
- Chef 12.0.0 or higher
- Outbound internet access (if not using a locally-accessible Satellite)
- Outbound access to the Satellite host (if using a Satellite)
- Valid Red Hat entitlements/subscriptions
Place a dependency on the
redhat_subscription_manager cookbook in your
depends 'redhat_subscription_manager', '~> 0.1'
Then, in a recipe:
rhsm_register 'myhost' do activation_key 'mykey1234' satellite_host 'satellite.mycompany.com' action :register end
rhsm_register resource performs the necessary tasks to register your host
with RHSM or your local Satellite server.
- :register: (default) registers your host
- :unregister: unregisters your host
activation_key: string of the activation key to use when registering, or an array of keys if multiple keys are needed. When using
activation_key, you must supply an
- satellite_host: (optional) FQDN of the Satellite host to register with. If not specified, the host will be registered with Red Hat's public RHSM service.
- organization: organization to use when registering, required when using an activation key
- username: username to use when registering. Not applicable if using an activation key. If specified, password and environment are also required.
- password: password to use when registering. Not applicable if using an activation key. If specified, username and environment are also required.
- environment: environment to use when registering, required when using username and password
- auto_attach: if true, RHSM will attempt to automatically attach the host to applicable subscriptions. It is generally better to use an activation key with the subscriptions pre-defined.
install_katello_agent: if true, the
katello-agentRPM will be installed. Defaults to
rhsm_register 'myhost' do satellite_host 'satellite.mycompany.com' activation_key [ 'key1', 'key2' ] end rhsm_register 'myhost' do username 'myuser' password 'mypassword' environment 'myenvironment' auto_attach true end rhsm_register 'myhost' do action :unregister end
rhsm_subscription resource will add another subscription to your host.
This can be used when a host's activation_key does not attach all necessary
subscriptions to your host.
- :attach: (default) attach a new subscription
- :remove: remove an existing Subscription
None. The name passed in to the resource will be the pool ID to use when attaching/removing.
rhsm_subscription 'pool123' do action :attach end rhsm_subscription 'pool321' do action :remove end
rhsm_repo resource enabled and disables repositories that are made
available via attached subscriptions.
- :enable: (default) enable a repo
- :disable: disable a repo
None. The name passed in to the resource will be the repository name to use when enabling/disabling.
rhsm_repo 'rhel-7-myrepo' do action :enable end rhsm_repo 'rhel-7-oldrepo' do action :disable end
rhsm_errata resource will ensure packages associated with a given Errata
ID are installed. This is helpful if packages to mitigate a single vulnerability
must be installed on your hosts.
- :install: (default) install all packages for a given erratum
None. The name passed in to the resource will be the Errata ID to use when installing packages.
rhsm_errata 'RHSA:2015-1234' rhsm_errata 'RHSA:2015-4321' do action :install end
rhsm_errata_level resource will install all packages for all errata
of a certain security level. For example, you can ensure that all packages
associated with errata marked at a "Critical" security level are installed.
- :install: (default) install all packages for all errata of a certain security level
None. The name passed in to the resource will be the security level to use when installing packages.
Valid security levels are: critical, moderate, important, and low. While
is case sensitive, the values expected by this cookbook are not.
rhsm_errata_level 'critical' rhsm_errata_level 'IMPORTANT' do action :install end
License and Authors
Author:: Chef Partner Engineering (email@example.com)
Copyright:: Copyright (c) 2015 Chef Software, Inc.
License:: Apache License, Version 2.0
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/chef-partners/redhat-subscription-manager-cookbook/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
|compat_resource ~> 12.5|
- pr#6 Install yum-plugin-security on RHEL6 to support the rhsm_errata_level resource
- pr#4 Make installation of the katello agent optional
- Initial release
0.3.0 passed this metric
0.3.0 passed this metric