cookbook 'octopus-deploy', '= 0.4.7', :supermarket
Handles installing Octopus Deploy Server &| Tentacle
cookbook 'octopus-deploy', '= 0.4.7'
knife supermarket install octopus-deploy
knife supermarket download octopus-deploy
Octopus Deploy Cookbook
This cookbook is used for installing the Octopus Deploy server and tentacle on Microsoft Windows machines.
This is pre release and there will be major changes to this before its final release. The recipes for installation and configuration will be switched into resources so people can use the library easier. Once this is found stable it will be released as version 1.0.0, until this point lock down to any minor version that you use.
- :install: Install a version of Octopus Deploy server
- :remove: Uninstall a version of the Octopus Deploy server if it is installed
- :instance: Name attribute. The Octopus Deploy Server instance name (used for configuring the instance not install)
- :version: Required. The version of Octopus Deploy Server to install
- :checksum: The SHA256 checksum of the Octopus Deploy Server msi file to verify download
Install version 3.1.1 of Octopus Deploy Server
octopus_deploy_server 'OctopusServer' do action :install version '3.1.1' checksum '<SHA256-checksum>' end
- :install: Install a version of Octopus Deploy Tentacle (Default)
- :configure: Configure an instance of the octopus Deploy tentacle
- :remove: Remove an instance of the Octopus Deploy Tentacle
- :uninstall: Uninstall a version of the Octopus Deploy Tentacle if it is installed
- :instance: Name attribute. The Octopus Deploy Tentacle instance name (used for configuring the instance not install)
- :version: Required. The version of Octopus Deploy Tentacle to install
- :checksum: The SHA256 checksum of the Octopus Deploy Tentacle msi file to verify download
- :home_path: The Octopus Deploy Instance home directory (Defaults to C:\Octopus)
- :config_path: The Octopus Deploy Instance config file path (Defaults to C:\Octopus\Tentacle.config)
- :app_path: The Octopus Deploy Instance application directory (Defaults to C:\Octopus\Applications)
- :trusted_cert: The Octopus Deploy Instance trusted Server cert
- :port: The Octopus Deploy Instance port to listen on for listening tentacle (Defaults to 10933)
- :polling: Whether this Octopus Deploy Instance is a polling tentacle (Defaults to False)
- :cert_file: Where to export the Octopus Deploy Instance cert (Defaults to C:\Octopus\tentacle_cert.txt)
- :upgrades_enabled: Whether to upgrade or downgrade the tentacle version if the windows installer version does not match what is provided in the resource. (Defaults to True)
Install version 3.2.24 of Octopus Deploy Tentacle
octopus_deploy_tentacle 'Tentacle' do action :install version '3.2.24' checksum '147f84241c912da1c8fceaa6bda6c9baf980a77e55e61537880238feb3b7000a' end
One major assumption of this cookbook is that you already have .net40 installed on your server. If you do not then you might need to do that before this cookbook. In addition, some of the resources in here require Chef version 12 in order to work.
This does not work with Octopus Deploy versions less than 3.2.3 because of a bug in exporting tentacle certificates
License and Author
- Author:: Brent Montague (email@example.com)
Copyright:: 2015, Cvent, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Please refer to the [license](LICENSE.md) file for more license information.
|windows ~> 1.38|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
0.4.7 passed this metric
0.4.7 passed this metric