cookbook 'nscd', '= 1.0.1', :supermarket
Installs and configures nscd
cookbook 'nscd', '= 1.0.1'
knife cookbook site install nscd
knife cookbook site download nscd
Installs and configures nscd.
- Chef 11+
default['nscd']['package']- nscd package name, defaults to
nscd. Other variants include:
default['nscd']['version']- nscd version, defaults to
nil. If set to
nil, the latest will be installed.
The following attributes affect configuration of
default['nscd']['logfile']. Specifies name of the file to which debug info should be written. Default
default['nscd']['threads']. This is the number of threads that are started to wait for requests. At least five threads will always be created. Default
default['nscd']['max_threads']. Specifies the maximum number of threads. Default
default['nscd']['server_user']. If this option is set,
nscd will run as this user and not as
root. If a separate cache for every user is used (
-S parameter), this option is ignored. Default
default['nscd']['stat_user']. Specifies the user who is allowed to request statistics. Default
default['nscd']['debug_level']. Sets the desired debug level. Default
default['nscd']['reload_count']. Limit on the number of times a cached entry gets reloaded without being used before it gets removed. Default
default['nscd']['paranoia']. Enabling paranoia mode causes
nscd to restart itself periodically. Default
default['nscd']['restart_interval']. Sets the restart interval to time seconds if periodic restart is enabled by enabling
paranoia mode. Default
default['nscd']['databases']. List of databases to configure. Default
%[passwd group hosts services netgroup]
Each database has attributes, default depends on
SERVICE, see attribute file.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['enable_cache']. Enables or disables the specified
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['positive_time_to_live']. Sets the TTL (time-to-live) for positive entries (successful queries) in the specified cache for service. Value is in seconds. Larger values increase cache hit rates and reduce mean response times, but increase problems with cache coherence.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['negative_time_to_live']. Sets the TTL (time-to-live) for negative entries (unsuccessful queries) in the specified cache for service. Value is in seconds. Can result in significant performance improvements if there are several files owned by UIDs (user IDs) not in system databases (for example untarring the Linux kernel sources as root); should be kept small to reduce cache coherency problems.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['suggested_size']. This is the internal hash table size, value should remain a prime number for optimum efficiency.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['check_files']. Enables or disables checking the file belonging to the specified service for changes. The files are
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['persistent']. Keep the content of the cache for service over server restarts; useful when
paranoia mode is set.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['shared']. The memory mapping of the
nscd databases for service is shared with the clients so that they can directly search in them instead of having to ask the daemon over the socket each time a lookup is performed.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['max_db_size']. The maximum allowable size, in bytes, of the database files for the service.
default['nscd'][SERVICE]['auto_propagate']. When set to
group service, then the
.byname requests are not added to
group.bygid cache. This can help with tables containing multiple records for the same ID. This option is valid only for services
Installs nscd, manages the nscd service and makes available commands to clear the nscd databases (passwd and group) so they can be notified in other recipes (such as when managing openldap).
If you're using nscd, add this recipe. If you need to notify the clear commands, e.g.,
cookbook_file '/etc/nsswitch.conf' do source 'nsswitch.conf' notifies :run, 'execute[nscd-clear-passwd]', :immediately notifies :run, 'execute[nscd-clear-group]', :immediately end
License & Authors
Author:: Joshua Timberman (<email@example.com>) Copyright:: 2009-2015, Chef Software, Inc Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
nscd Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the nscd cookbook.
- Added additional platforms added to Test Kitchen config
- Added the standard Chef Rubocop config
- Updated Travis CI to use Chef DK for testing instead of Gems
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Updated testing deps in the Gemfile
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Updated links to the Github org to point to the new chef-cookbooks org
- Minimum supported Chef release is now 11
default['nscd']['version']to control the version of the nscd package to install
- Removed use of Ruby 1.8.7 hash rockets
- Added source_url and issue_url metadata
- Added additional platforms to the Kitchen CI config
- Removed Ruby 1.9.3 from Travis CI and add 2.1 and 2.2
- Removed the version constraint on apt in the Berkshelf file
- Updated developent dependencies and break Gemfile into groups
- Added cookbook version badge to the readme
- Template the nscd config before starting the service so we don't have to start then restart
- Added a chefignore file
- Added Fedora as supported in metadata / Readme
- Update testing and contributing docs to match JIRA-free process
- Update development dependencies to current versions (chefspec, berkshelf, foodcritic, test kitchen, and rubocop)
- Update chefspec / server spec to work with the newer releases
- Add Trusty to the test kitchen config
- Manage /etc/nscd.conf with a template
COOK-3607 - Add support for different
- COOK-1915 - Add SmartOS support
- [COOK-1915] - Support SmartOS for nscd
- [COOK-1993] - use install action for packages
- Current public release
1.0.1 passed this metric
1.0.1 passed this metric