cookbook 'maradns', '= 1.0.1', :supermarket
The maradns cookbook has been deprecated
The maradns cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the maradns cookbook is no longer recommended.
maradns (5) Versions 1.0.1 Follow1
Installs and configures maradns
cookbook 'maradns', '= 1.0.1'
knife supermarket install maradns
knife supermarket download maradns
Installs and configures maradns.
- Debian 7 (8 has no maradns package)
- Ubuntu 12.04+
- Chef 11+
Installs the maradns package, manages the
zoneserver services and writes out the configuration files.
In order to use this recipe, create the DNS entry configuration file as
DOMAIN is the domain detected by
ohai on the node. For example, if the node's domain is
example.com, the file would be
db.example.com.erb. Refer to the maradns zone file documentation for more information on how to write this configuration.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2009-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
maradns Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the maradns cookbook.
- Remove testing on Debian 8 and note that it is not a supported platform as there are no maradns packages for Debian 8
- Added name to metadata for Chef 12
- Updated to maradns-zoneserver which is the updated name of the zoneserver service in modern OS releases
- Removed the zone file template which required forking this cookbook and adding a template file. This needs to be done in a wrapper cookbook outside of this cookbook or in a yet to be written custom resource.
- Updated .gitignore file
- Added Test Kitchen config
- Added Chef standard Rubocop config
- Added Travis CI testing
- Added Berksfile
- Add Gemfile for development dependencies
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the readme and clarify the minimum supported Chef release is 11
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added a Chefignore file
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Added basic convergence Chefspec test
- Initial public release in an individual repository
1.0.1 passed this metric
1.0.1 passed this metric