cookbook 'kibana_lwrp', '= 3.0.0'
kibana_lwrp (7) Versions 3.0.0 Follow9
cookbook 'kibana_lwrp', '= 3.0.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install kibana_lwrp
knife supermarket download kibana_lwrp
Kibana Library Cookbook
A library cookbook for installing kibana 4.
If you wish to install Kibana3 try using the '1.3.x' releases of the cookbook.
This is a library cookbook, you can use you included
kibana_lwrp::install recipe to install kibana, but it is more likely to be really useful for you to call the LWRPs directly from your own cookbook. You can use the
kibana_lwrp::install recipe as a guide and customize to your needs.
This cookbook is tested and works well with the
logstash and the
elasticsearch cookbooks found on the chef community site.
If you'd like to point kibana to a cluster of Elasticsearch servers instead of a single node, please review the most current recommended instructions at:
As with most cookbooks I write, this one is hopefully flexible enough to be wrapped by allowing you to override as much as possible
attributes/*.rb for attributes ( documented inline )
The default recipe does nothing except for allow access to the LWRPs.
This is designed to be an example recipe to show you how you might write a wrapper cookbook. However it should be usable for a
simple install of kibana.
- install kibana4
/opt/kibana/XXXXand create a symlink called
currentin the same directory.
nginxand serve the kibana application
If you wish to swap
nginx, simply set
apache in a role/environment/node somewhere.
If you don't want this cookbook to handle the webserver config simply set
'' in a role/environment/node somewhere.
Please note that in this case you have to set
Both cookbooks, by default, will configure the appropriate proxy to your ElasticSearch server such that you don't have to expose it to the world.
There is NO security enabled by default on any of the content being served.
If you would like to modify the
apache parameters, you should:
- create your own cookbook i.e.
- copy the template for the webserver you wish to use to your cookbook
- modify the template as you see fit (add auth, setup ssl)
- use the appropriate webserver template attributes to point to your cookbook and template
examples of using the LWRPs. Don't use this directly.
$ bundle install $ bundle exec berks install $ bundle exec rake style spec # spec and style checks $ bundle exec rake kitchen # integration testing
- Fork the repository on Github
- Create a named feature branch (like
- Write you change
- Write tests for your change (if applicable)
- Run the tests, ensuring they all pass
bundle exec strainer test
- Submit a Pull Request using Github
License and Authors
- Jeff Hubbard (@lord2800)
- Ben P (@benwtr)
- Chris Ferry (@chrisferry)
- Ian Neubert (@ianneub)
- kellam (@klamontagne)
- Martin Smith (@martinb3)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
|git >= 0.0.0|
|nginx >= 0.0.0|
|apache2 >= 0.0.0|
|ark >= 0.0.0|
|libarchive >= 0.0.0|
|java >= 0.0.0|
|runit >= 0.0.0|
CHANGELOG for kibana
This file is used to list changes made in each version of kibana.
- Fix a number of Rubocop and Foodcritic complaints
- Update README.md for contributors, documentation (#26)
- Don't break kibana.yml template when values are nil (#111)
- Warn about URL and Version attributes when used incorrectly (#107)
- Remove poise, add
providesDSL, and update test fixture to ES 2.1.0
- Add kibana_port to apache kibana web resource
- Make default_app_id configurable via attribute (#101)
- Remove duplicate slashes in paths (#102)
- Bump kibana file method to 4.2.1
- Begin testing with Ubuntu 14.04 instead of 12.04
- fix apache template
- fix tests
- support kibana 4 official
- revert use inline resources
- change cookbook name to kibana_lwrp
- support kibana 4 beta
- bugfix - could not update kibana because of remote_file name
- initial support for kibana4
- removed support for kibana3 ( use 1.3.x releases )
- mostly bugfixes
- big rewrite to act as library cookbook.
- not sure if it will be backwards compat yet.
- proxy backend healthcheck
- update proxy templates to match kibana master
- changed config.js template to pull from attributes
- Add ability to choose install type of either git repo or zipfile
- Add web_dir attribute to handle kibana location for different install types
- Add attributes for http scheme for both webserver and es, helpful if they're managed outside of this cookbook.
- Some Attribute namespace cleanup, read through carefully if upgrading. ?????? * Update config.js to newer format
- Added Strainer test suite
- Allow installing kibana without a webserver
- Boolean Attribute kibana['git']['checkout'] to allow default git behavior to be checkout rather than sync.
- Update configuration to use proxy_pass setup by cookbook
- Rename dist to src symlink as per latest kibana folder structure change
- Update config.js.erb to be the same as the new config.js source from kibana
- Fixed previous symlink of whole repository, now it only symlinks the dist directory
- Changed paths in default recipe for kibana source to the new kibana directory structure
- Initial release of kibana
3.0.0 passed this metric
3.0.0 passed this metric