cookbook 'jetty', '= 0.2.1'
The jetty cookbook has been deprecated
Author provided reason for deprecation:
The jetty cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the jetty cookbook is no longer recommended.
jetty (13) Versions 0.2.1 Follow14
cookbook 'jetty', '= 0.2.1', :supermarket
knife supermarket install jetty
knife supermarket download jetty
Installs and configures Jetty, Java servlet engine and webserver.
- Debian, Ubuntu (OpenJDK, Sun)
- CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora (OpenJDK)
- Chef 12+
node["jetty"]["host"]- Listen to connections from this network host, default '0.0.0.0'.
node["jetty"]["port"]- The network port used by Jetty, default '8080'.
node["jetty"]["jetty_args"]- Additional arguments to pass to Jetty, default ''.
node["jetty"]["java_options"]- Extra options to pass to the JVM, default '-Xmx256m -Djava.awt.headless=true'.
node["jetty"]["cargo"]["username"]- Username that is granted access to the Cargo remote deploy app, if you are using it.
node["jetty"]["cargo"]["password"]- Password that grants access to the Cargo remote deploy app, if you are using it.
node['jetty']['install_java']- Install java via the java cookbook. Defaults to true
The default recipe will install the native package for Jetty. The service will be managed via the package provided init scripts.
This recipe adds Cargo remote deploy support to the Jetty service by deploying the Cargo remote deployer app that is available at http://cargo.codehaus.org/Downloads . This recipe includes the default recipe.
To establish a password, set a default attribute like so:
Simply include the recipe where you want Jetty installed.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2010-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|java >= 0.0.0|
|jpackage >= 0.0.0|
|openssl >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
jetty cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the jetty cookbook.
- Update another platform -> platform family
- Add RHEL derivatives to the metadata
- Use multipackage for package installs, which ups the minimum Chef release to 12.0 for this cookbook
- Use platform_family in the service setup and the package installation to better support RHEL and Debian derivatives
- Start / Enable the service after we template the configs to prevent starting up an unconfigured server and then instantly restarting it
- Fix attributes to use a proper platform family so they are correctly set based on platform family
- Add node['jetty']['install_java'] to control if java is installed via the java attribute or if the user manages java installs themselves. Defaults to true
- Test in Travis using kitchen-docker
- Fix node attribute level in the recipe to fix Chef 12 support
- Added gitignore and chefignore files
- Added Test Kitchen config
- Added Rubocop config
- Added Travis config
- Added Berksfile
- Updated Testing and Contributing docs
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Gemfile with development dependencies
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the Readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the Readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added issues_url and source_url to the metadata.rb
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added basic Chefspec converge test
- Converted symbols to strings for Foodcritic
- Resolved all Rubocop warnings
- reverting OpenSSL module namespace change
- Updating to work with latest openssl cookbook
- [COOK-2964]: jetty cookbook has foodcritic failures
- [COOK-1434] - Add cargo remote deploy support
0.2.1 passed this metric
0.2.1 passed this metric