cookbook 'jetty', '~> 0.4.1', :supermarket
The jetty cookbook has been deprecated
The jetty cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the jetty cookbook is no longer recommended.
jetty (13) Versions 0.4.1 Follow13
cookbook 'jetty', '~> 0.4.1'
knife cookbook site install jetty
knife cookbook site download jetty
Installs and configures Jetty, Java servlet engine and webserver.
Due to the conservative nature of packaging in LTS distributions there doesn't exist a way to install a current jetty packages across distros. We don't believe the package install workflow matches the installation workflow of most users run jetty applications. Due to this we've decided to deprecate this cookbook. We're open to a new approach to either installing or managing jetty. If this interests you e-mail us at email@example.com
- Debian, Ubuntu
- Chef 12+
node["jetty"]["host"]- Listen to connections from this network host, default '0.0.0.0'.
node["jetty"]["port"]- The network port used by Jetty, default '8080'.
node["jetty"]["jetty_args"]- Additional arguments to pass to Jetty, default ''.
node["jetty"]["java_options"]- Extra options to pass to the JVM, default '-Xmx256m -Djava.awt.headless=true'.
node['jetty']['install_java']- Install java via the java cookbook. Defaults to true
The default recipe will install the native package for Jetty. The service will be managed via the package provided init scripts.
Simply include the recipe where you want Jetty installed.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright: 2010-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|java >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
jetty cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the jetty cookbook.
- Deprecated the cookbook. See the readme for additional information
- Remove the cargo recipe. This was outside the scope of this cookbook
- Remove RHEL install support. This was entirely broken and we need to rethink how we do it. Expect this to be fixed in 1.0
- Fix port not being correctly templated in the jetty config
- Removed the auto password generation in the cargo recipe. Users should specify their own password vs. having Chef auto generate a password that is saved onto the node. This removes the need for the openssl cookbook.
- Removed duplicate platform specific node attributes
- Fixed the webxml template compilation
- Update another platform -> platform family
- Add RHEL derivatives to the metadata
- Use multipackage for package installs, which ups the minimum Chef release to 12.0 for this cookbook
- Use platform_family in the service setup and the package installation to better support RHEL and Debian derivatives
- Start / Enable the service after we template the configs to prevent starting up an unconfigured server and then instantly restarting it
- Fix attributes to use a proper platform family so they are correctly set based on platform family
- Add node['jetty']['install_java'] to control if java is installed via the java attribute or if the user manages java installs themselves. Defaults to true
- Test in Travis using kitchen-docker
- Fix node attribute level in the recipe to fix Chef 12 support
- Added gitignore and chefignore files
- Added Test Kitchen config
- Added Rubocop config
- Added Travis config
- Added Berksfile
- Updated Testing and Contributing docs
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Gemfile with development dependencies
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the Readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the Readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added issues_url and source_url to the metadata.rb
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added basic Chefspec converge test
- Converted symbols to strings for Foodcritic
- Resolved all Rubocop warnings
- reverting OpenSSL module namespace change
- Updating to work with latest openssl cookbook
- [COOK-2964]: jetty cookbook has foodcritic failures
- [COOK-1434] - Add cargo remote deploy support
0.4.1 passed this metric
0.4.1 passed this metric