cookbook 'gems', '= 1.0.2', :supermarket
Sets up a local gem server repository or mirror
cookbook 'gems', '= 1.0.2'
knife supermarket install gems
knife supermarket download gems
Sets up a local gem server repository.
- Ubuntu / Debian
gem_server['virtual_host_name']- ServerName for Apache vhost. Default 'gems.domain'.
gem_server['virtual_host_alias']- ServerAlias(es) for Apache vhost. Default 'gems'.
gem_server['directory']- Filesystem location for the repository, default is /srv/gems.
Create files/default/packages, and copy gems to that directory.
Specify the gem source on clients via the command line, for example:
sudo gem source -a http://gems sudo gem install rails --source http://gems
Or use the source with gem_package resources in your chef recipes.
gem_package "rails" do source "http://gems" end
Use the gems::mirror recipe to mirror RubyForge. This will take a long time because the repository is 28k+ gems and over 5.5G. It will also override the remote_directory resource to not notify gem generate_index, and instead handle that in the cron job that does the rsync.
License and Author
Author:: Joshua Timberman email@example.com
Copyright:: 2009-2015, Chef Software, Inc Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|rsync >= 0.0.0|
|apache2 >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
gems Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the gems cookbook.
- Fix a typo in a notification that prevented the cookbook from compling
- Updated the supported Ubuntu released in the readme
- Update test kitchen config to test the server install
- Converted readme to MD for rendering on the Supermarket
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Added name to the metadata for Chef 12
- Added Berksfile
- Added gitignore file
- Add Test Kitchen config
- Added chefignore file
- Added Chef standard rubocop config
- Added Travis CI testing
- Added Gemfile with the latest testing deps
- Updated testing and contributing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Resolved Rubocop and Foodcritic warnings
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
1.0.2 passed this metric
1.0.2 passed this metric