cookbook 'concat', '= 0.3.0'
concat (7) Versions 0.3.0 Follow0
Builds files out of smaller concatenated fragments
cookbook 'concat', '= 0.3.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install concat
knife supermarket download concat
concat is a cookbook inspired by the Puppet concat module to allow you to build text files out of smaller orderable fragments. Use cases include building firewall rules, fragmenting monolithic configuration files into smaller chunks, etc.
This was tested on Linux and should work as expected there. No idea whether it will work elsewhere.
Chef 12.3.0 or higher
- Require the concat cookbook in your own cookbook's
- Use the concat_fragment resource type to build up the fragments for the target file. At present the fragments will only make use of template files, and not cookbook files.
- After all fragment resources have been assembled, use a concat resource, ensuring that the path attribute of this resource exactly matches the path you supplied for each fragment.
From the test fixture cookbook, this will create two fragments and meld them into a single concatenated file which will appear at
concat_fragment 'test1.erb' do
concat_fragment 'test2.erb' do
- allows creation of file fragments and concatenation into final file
- deletion of individual fragments and fragment directories
- fragments from cookbook files as well as templates
- lots of tests courtesy of Test Kitchen
- additional features relentlessly cribbed from the Puppet concat module
- Thanks to the Puppet concat module (https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-concat) for giving me the idea to replicate this in Chef.
- Thanks to the Chef Nginx cookbook (https://github.com/miketheman/nginx) for giving me something to reference while I cargo culted my way through Berkshelf and Test Kitchen for the first time.
License and Authors
- Author: Edmund Rhudy firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2015, Edmund Rhudy Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
- extended concat_fragment to accept templates or cookbook files
- uses the right combination of provides and resource_name to work on Chef 12.3
- adds :delete for concat which removes target file and fragment directory
- adds :delete for concat_fragment: removes fragment from fragment directory
- fixed updated_by_last_action calls to be accurate
- list supported platforms in cookbook metadata
- refactored tests and added additional tests for :delete
Initial release of concat
:create for concat_fragment
:create for concat
0.3.0 passed this metric
0.3.0 passed this metric