cookbook 'apt-chef', '= 1.0.0', :supermarket
apt-chef (8) Versions 1.0.0 Follow11
Configures apt repository for Chef Software, Inc. products
cookbook 'apt-chef', '= 1.0.0'
knife supermarket install apt-chef
knife supermarket download apt-chef
Sets up the default apt package repository for Chef Software, Inc. products.
Primarily intended to be consumed by the chef-ingredient cookbook.
- Only supports Ubuntu. May work on other Debian-family distributions. Other platforms don't make sense with apt repositories. However, not all platforms that this cookbook will work on have supported packages from the repository. See supported platforms. Users may need to override attributes in roles or wrapper cookbooks to get this to work, or write their own cookbooks entirely.
- Chef 11+
attributes/default.rb file contains comments with all the attributes that can be set to control how this cookbook sets up the repository.
Uses the attributes in
attributes/default.rb to control how the repository is configured.
Hard-codes Chef's public "current" repository. Used for situations where both stable and current repositories are desired.
Hard-codes Chef's public "stable" repository. Used for situations where both stable and current repositories are desired.
A Note About Proxies
If an HTTP proxy is required to reach the configured repository, then that can be managed outside this cookbook using an apt preferences file. A very simple example can be rendered with a file resource:
file '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01proxy' do content 'Acquire::http::Proxy "http://proxy.example.com:3128";' end
See the apt preferences documentation for more information and configurable options.
A Note About Ubuntu 10.04 and unsigned packages
Ubuntu 10.04, unlike later versions, will not install unsigned packages without adding a force option. If you should run into this, you can update your consuming resource as follows:
package 'chef-ha' do options '--force-yes' if platform?('ubuntu') && node['platform_version'] == '10.04' end
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2008-2016, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|apt >= 0.0.0|
apt-chef Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the apt-chef cookbook.
- Add testing for Ubuntu 10.04 and a note on 10.04 and unsigned packages
- Switch to the new packages.chef.io repository
- #8 Regression in attribute key, use nil if the chef server package has a key in place
- #5 Use correct attribute for gpg key in recipes
- #1 Add stable and current recipes
1.0.0 passed this metric
1.0.0 passed this metric