cookbook 'xlrelease', '= 1.0.1', :supermarket
xlrelease (3) Versions 1.0.1 Follow0
Installs and configures XL Release from XebiaLabs
cookbook 'xlrelease', '= 1.0.1'
knife cookbook site install xlrelease
knife cookbook site download xlrelease
Chef cookbook for XL Release Server
- Supported XL Release version: 4.0.x
To install the XL Release server, the following prerequisites must be met:
- XL Release license: If you are an XL Release Community Edition user, you should have received your license during the sign-up process. Enterprise users can download their license from the XebiaLabs licence server (requires credentials).
- Operating system: Windows or Unix-family operating system running Java.
- Java Runtime Environment: JDK 7 (Oracle, IBM or Apple)
- RAM: At least 2GB of RAM available for XL Release.
- Hard disk space: At least 2GB of hard disk space to store the XL Release repository (this depends on your usage of XL Release)
Depending on the environment, the following may also be required:
- Database: XL Release's repository may be stored in a database; for more information, see Configuring the repository
- LDAP: To enable group-based security, an LDAP x.509 compliant registry is required; for more information, see Configuring LDAP security
Downloading the installation archive
This cookbook uses
wget to download the installation archive from XebiaLabs.
Set attribute ['xlrelease']['downloadurl'] to this installation archive.
Set attribute default['xlrelease']['username'] = 'supplied by xebialabs'
Set attribute default['xlrelease']['password'] = 'supplied by xebialabs'
Using the default recipe the below steps are executed
- Creates xlrelease user and group.
- Creates an installation directory
/opt/xl-release-4.0.x-server. This can be changed via attributes.
wgets the XL Release installation archive from the ['xlrelease']['downloadurl'] attribute.
- Extracts the archive into the installation directory.
- Changes ownership of the installation directory to be owned by xlrelease user and group.
- Configures the
xl-release-server.conffile through the setup.config.txt.erb template. All values in this setup file can be overwritten by attributes.
- Kicks off XL Release's installation program (
server.shincluded in installation archive).
- Configures xlrelease as a service (using runit).
Add the license file to your installation directory's
~/conf subdirectory and restart the xlrelease service
sv down xlrelease; sv up xlrelease
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D
License & Authors
- Authors: Robert Castelle & Bernie Durfee
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|tar ~> 0.5|
|java ~> 1.25|
|runit ~> 1.5|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.