cookbook 'winrm', '~> 3.0.2', :supermarket
winrm (7) Versions 3.0.2 Follow7
Installs and configures WinRM
cookbook 'winrm', '~> 3.0.2'
knife supermarket install winrm
knife supermarket download winrm
Installs and configures WinRM on a Windows System
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows 2012 / 2012 R2
- Windows 2016
- Chef 13.0+
- PowerShell must already be installed
Configure winrm listeners on a host. Previously this resource was named
winrm and that legacy name will continue to function.
:create- configure a listener
hostname- Used for creating the listeners and finding the certificate thumbprint or creating a new one, default node['fqdn']
trusted_hosts- Trusted hosts to allow connections from, default '*'
max_shell_memory- Max memory allowed for each remote shell, default 1024
thumbprint- Specify a certificate thumbprint to use, if
nilwill looks for certificate matching hostname, default nil
listen_http- Enable HTTP listener, default true
listen_https- Enable HTTPS listener, default true
allow_unencrypted- Wether to allow unencrypted WinRM connections, default true
allow_basic_auth- Enable Basic Authentication, default true
generate_cert- Whether to generate a cert if none is found, default true
add_firewall_rule- Whether to create a firewall rule which allows WinRM access, default true
winrm_listener_config 'default' do listen_http false allow_unencrypted false end
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
|windows_firewall >= 5.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
3.0.2 - 2021-06-01
- resolved cookstyle error: test/smoke/default/default_test.rb:1:1 convention:
- refer to the correct certificate store for machine certs
- return the certificate thumbprint as an object attribute, not a substring search
- Migrate to actions
- This cookbook now requires Chef 13 or later as Chef 12 has been end of life for nearly a year
- Rename the
winrm_listener_configwith backwards compatibility for the old name
- Renamed the resource properties to better align with other Chef resources while providing full compatibility with the previous names
- BREAKING CHANGE, attributes no longer exist
- Convert to custom resource
- Update to work with newer chef versions
- Added configurable Everyone group attribute
- Added Kitchen CI config
- Added rubocop config
- Added Berksfile
- Added gitignore and chefignore filex
- Moved Gemfile and add standard development dependencies
- Fixed the license in the metadata to be Apache 2.0
- Added modern Ruby releases to Travis and add rubocop and chefspec testing
- Added retina badges to the readme and added the cookbook version badge
- Initial release of the WinRM cookbook
- Adding support for Travis-CI and foodcritic