cookbook 'samba', '= 2.0.0', :supermarket
cookbook 'samba', '= 2.0.0'
knife supermarket install samba
knife supermarket download samba
Installs and configures Samba client or server.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- Debian / Ubuntu derivatives
- RedHat and derivatives
- Chef 15.3+
- Does not integrate with LDAP/AD.
- Uses plaintext passwords for the user resource to create the SMB users if the password backend is tdbsam or smbpasswd. See below under usage.
- Creates & manages the system user. The creation of the user is the trigger for smbpasswd.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
2.0.0 - 2021-05-11
- Remove unused properties shares & enable_users_search
- Remove recipes
- Samba client recipe has been removed. Please install the package directly
- Samba server recipe has been removed in favour of calling the resource
- Remove unit tests for removed recipes
- Set minimum Chef version to 15.3 for unified mode
- Unified mode is required for Chef 17 support
- Update tested platforms
- Move documentation from the README to the documentation directory
- Change yes, no properties on resources for true, false
- Change socket options to a regex
- Stop generating a system password and just accept it via a property
- This allows the resource to be idempotent
- Change the smb.conf template to only render set properties
- Fix: no longer ignore log_level in the server options
- Add CircleCI builder
- Remove unnecessary
if respond_to?(:chef_version)in the metadata.rb
- Remove unnecessary
require 'mixlib/shellout'from the user resource
- Simplify overly complex platform logic
- Swap Debian 8 testing for Debian 10
- Add CentOS 8 to the kitchen config
- Remove the .rubocop.yml config that only had a Dangerfile exclusion
- Migrate to actions
- Update platforms
- Remove shaddow password test that was unreliable
- Drop Chef-12 support
- Fix bind interfaces
- Honour the
max_sizeproperty (#84, @sll552)
- Make the password property sensitive so it doesn't appear in the output log (#83)
- Add optional, options to the share resource (#80)
- Add realm property
- Add encrypt_passwords property
- Add kerberos_method property
- Add log_level property
- Add winbind_separator property
- Add idmap_config property
- Add valid_users property
- Add force_group property
- Add browseable property
- Many rubocop fixes (though not all)
- Change share options from required that weren't really required
- Fix issue with directory creation when path was not defined (which is not required for home dirs for instance)
- Make winbind_separator optional in template as default backslash is a continuation character in smb.conf
- Extend tests
- Require Chef 12.16+ #73
- Update README with clear intentions of the
- Fix OpenSUSE client install #75
- Fix user resource to generate a correct user password.
- Fix options Hash #66
read_onlyoption to share. (#62 @whatcould)
- Fixes double converges for smb.conf
- Remove 16.04 from travis test matrix whilst we investigate long term solutions to failures
- Adds Service tests
- Remove ChefSpec matchers to tidy for tidy up
- Fix #54 Add an option to not create the directory we add to the share. Useful for including Samba variables in the share name.
- Fix #52 nmbd systemd failures in tests.
- Fix #48 Resource underscores breaking permissions
- Fix #47 Document proper behaviour of smbpasswd. This cookbook now enforces passwords.
- New custom resources
- Remove data bags!
- Removed support for Arch & SmartOS
- Add 12.1 compatibility requirement
- Move attributes out of template file and into template resource
- Use Chef built in apt-get functionality
- Remove default recipe - having a default recipe can be misleading when it doesn't do anything.
- Guard against nil options & shares
- Update README with resources and give it a general tidy.
- Remove default specs
- Use root context for template and services
- Use trusty not precise for building on travis-ci
- Remove spec directory as it duplicates inspec test & doesn't test what's now in the cookbook
- Move yum into the testing recipe to clean up dependancies.
- Ignore FC009 as it isn't being picked up correctly.
- This cookbook is now maintained by Sous Chefs (sous-chefs.org). Expect regular updates and quicker turnaround on PRs!
- This will be the last version of this cookbook that supports Chef 11. Pin to this version if you require Chef 11 compatibility
- Added node["samba"]["options"] for passing an array of additional options
- Added node['samba']['enable_users_search'] to enable/disable searching for samba users. Defaults to true to maintain existing behavior.
- Added SmartOS compatibility
- Added ChefSpec matchers for the LWRP
- Removed arch and raspbian from the metadata and added oracle. We officially support systems we can test with Test Kitchen only.
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Switched integration testing to Inspec from serverspec
- Moved all testing to the 'test' cookbook and eliminated the need for the apt cookbook
- Switched to cookstyle from Rubocop and resolved all warnings
- Added testing in Travis CI
- Added a kitchen config for kitchen-dokken. Expect testing in Travis using kitchen-dokken soon
- Added a Code of Conduct doc
- Updated the Contributing docs
- Manage services at end of server recipe
- Move package and service names to attributes
- Select data bags via attributes instead of hardcoded names
- Corrected service name on Debian
- Add map to guest option in smb.conf
- Add test kitchen, chefspec, serverspec, rubocop ignore rules, and foodcritic check
- Cleanup attributes to make them easier to follow per-platform
- [COOK-3144]: Wrong service name in samba cookbook
- [COOK-2978]: samba cookbook has foodcritic errors
- [COOK-1719] - Add Scientific / Amazon support to the Samba recipe
- [COOK-1363] - user password assignment fails on systems using dash as default shell
- Fixes COOK-802, typo in nmbd service name