cookbook 'revealcloud', '= 0.0.5', :supermarket
The revealcloud cookbook has been deprecated
The revealcloud cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the revealcloud cookbook is no longer recommended. You may find that the copperegg cookbook is a suitable alternative.
revealcloud (7) Versions 0.0.5 Follow5
Installs/Configures CopperEgg RevealCloud monitoring service agent
cookbook 'revealcloud', '= 0.0.5'
knife supermarket install revealcloud
knife supermarket download revealcloud
CopperEgg RevealCloud Agent
- Chef cookbook for the RevealCloud collector agent.
- Requires a CopperEgg account to use. Free trial available.
- Any Linux 2.6+ OS, including: Ubuntu, Debian, Vyatta, RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, Fedora, Amazon, SuSE, openSuSE, Gentoo, and many derivatives.
- FreeBSD 7.x+
default[:copperegg][:apikey]= Your API Key available from the RevealCloud App Settings Page.
default[:copperegg][:tags]= A comma separated list of tags to apply. Optional. Manage your tags.
default[:copperegg][:label]= Label to apply in place of hostname when displaying in the dashboard. WARNING: If you want the same label applied to multiple systems, you may want to consider tags instead. This is most useful if you intend a recipe for a single server. Optional.
default[:copperegg][:proxy]= Proxy server required to talk to the revealcloud api servers, such as
myproxy.mycorp.com:8080. Optional. Leave blank unless you know what you are doing.
- Download into your chef-repo, either manually from the community chef webpage or:
knife cookbook site download revealcloud
- Set your apikey as described in the
revealcloud/attributes/default.rband change YOUR_USER_API_KEY to be correct.
- Set any other optional attributes described above, as desired.
- Upload the cookbook to your chef server or hosted chef:
knife cookbook upload -a -o revealcloud
recipe[revealcloud]in the run_list for all of your servers.
knife node run_list add NODES 'recipe[revealcloud]'
- Run chef-client on your nodes in whatever manner suits you, such as
sudo chef-clientor a batch job.
- View your systems within 10 seconds in the RevealCloud App
License and Author
Author:: Ross Dickey
Copyright 2012, CopperEgg, Inc.
No License. Redistribution encouraged.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.