cookbook 'rake', '= 0.1.0'
cookbook 'rake', '= 0.1.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install rake
knife supermarket download rake
A (very) simple LWRP to provide access to rake as a resource.
attribute :arguments, :kind_of => String, :required => true
The list of arguments to pass to rake.
attribute :working_directory, :kind_of => String, :required => true
The working directory rake will be executed in.
Make sure rake is installed locally:
Currently it expects to find rake on the PATH env variable. Use this in a recipe to ensure it can (this is an example
for ubuntu 10.04).
ENV["PATH"] += ":/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin"
Finally, this is how we make rake run.
rake :run do working_directory "/tmp" arguments "--help" action :run end
- fixing the need for action :run.
- Adding path statements per platform automagically.
- Adding versioning via an attribute or data_bag.
- Adding support to specific rake + ruby version (for multi versioned systems).
- Proper platform support, this should be easy (but a bit time consuming as I don't use every platform ever.)
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.