cookbook 'ldapknife', '= 0.0.12', :supermarket
ldapknife (9) Versions 0.0.12 Follow2
Installs ldapknife.pl to /usr/local/bin
cookbook 'ldapknife', '= 0.0.12'
knife cookbook site install ldapknife
knife cookbook site download ldapknife
ldapknife.pl is a command-line utility mainly used to do mass deletions from an OpenLDAP/AD directory by building an LDIF on-the-fly and using it as input.
ldapknife.pl will be mostly useful during the test/dev phase of building an OpenLDAP directory.
You may also find it useful when doing mass deletions or purging of old data from an OpenLDAP directory.
- There are currently no attributes for this cookbook.
The primary function of ldapknife.pl is to delete ALL distinguished names ( e.g. DNs ) from a given search base. This option is envoked by the --delall option. NOTE: --delall requires -b, -D, -H & --obj options to be given.
You can also execute ./ldapknife.pl --help for the help menu.
EXAMPLE1: ./ldapknife.pl --delall yes -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -b "cn=TestUsers,dc=example,dc=com" -H ldap://ldap.example.com --obj objectclass=person --dir /tmp -w SECRET_PASS_HERE
In EXAMPLE1, ldapknife.pl will DELETE ALL objects of type person in the container cn=TestUsers,dc=example,dc=com by connecting to ldap server ldap://ldap.example.com, building the file /tmp/delete_ldif.ldif and using it as input to build another LDIF which will contain changtype:delete for each DN found in the TestUsers container. The password for the admin account "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" is specified with the -w option.
NOTE: If the --dir option is not given, files delete_all_dn_formatted.ldif, delete_all_dn.ldif, deleteAllDN.ldif, and delete_ldif.ldif will get written to PWD.
NOTE ABOUT *.LDIF FILES
- delete_dn.ldif - LDIF produced by calling ldapsearchand passing it required parameters.
- delete_all_dn_formatted.ldif - Same as delete_dn.ldif with line wrapping removed.
- delete_all_dn.ldif - LDIF of all DNs from delete_all_dn_formatted.ldif of changetype:delete.
- deleteAllDN.ldif - Same as delete_all_dn.ldif with last blank line removed.
- Implement ability to backup an OpenLDAP directory using slapcat.
- Implement ability to delete OpenLDAP database transaction database logs using slapd_db_archive.
|yumrepo >= 0.0.0|
|perl >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.