cookbook 'kickstart', '= 0.5.0', :supermarket
The kickstart cookbook has been deprecated
The kickstart cookbook has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained by its authors. Use of the kickstart cookbook is no longer recommended.
kickstart (5) Versions 0.5.0 Follow6
Creates apache2 vhost and serves a kickstart file.
cookbook 'kickstart', '= 0.5.0'
knife supermarket install kickstart
knife supermarket download kickstart
Creates an apache vhost and serves a very basic kickstart file.
- Chef 11+
kickstart['rootpw']- set the root password. Use an encrypted string.
kickstart['virtual_host_name']- set the ServerName for apache2 vhost.
kickstart['mirror_url']- set the full URL to the "CentOS" directory w/ the rpms to install.
You'll almost certainly want to edit ks.cfg.erb to suit your environment. As is, the provided template is used as a minimal fast install for creating virtual machines to run CentOS 5. Of particular note, the following should definitely be changed:
- url - mirrors.kernel.org is usually fast for me, but maybe not for you.
- network - change the hostname.
- rootpw - this is an attribute, so you can change it by modifying the server. Use the encrypted password!
Storage / disks should probably be customized, as well as firewall rules, SELinux policy, and the package list.
The %post section will install Chef via Matthew Kent's RPMs, per the Chef Wiki instructions.
To use the recipe on a system that will be the kickstart server,
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2009-2015, Chef Software, Inc. ``` Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. ```
|apache2 >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
kickstart Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the kickstart cookbook.
- Added name attribute to metadata for Chef 12
- Converted docs to markdown for parsing on Supermarket
- Added gitignore and chefignore files
- Added Test Kitchen config
- Added Rubocop config
- Added Travis config
- Added Berksfile
- Updated Testing and Contributing docs
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Gemfile with development dependencies
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the Readme
- Expanded the requirements section in the Readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added additional platforms to the metadata.rb
- Added issues_url and source_url to the metadata.rb
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added basic Chefspec converge test
- Converted symbols to strings for Foodcritic
- Resolved all Rubocop warnings
- Add License file
- Initial public release.
0.5.0 passed this metric
0.5.0 passed this metric