cookbook 'hana-client', '~> 3.0.1', :supermarket
hana-client (5) Versions 3.0.1 Follow4
Installs/Configures Hana Client for Windows only
cookbook 'hana-client', '~> 3.0.1'
knife supermarket install hana-client
knife supermarket download hana-client
This cookbook installs the specified version of the SAP HANA Client on a windows
machine. Just plug in the location of your
SAPCAR.exe extractor, and the SAR
This is a BYOP cookbook (Bring Your Own Package). You need to provide a download location for SAPCAR and the SAR package.
This cookbooks supports the following windows versions, having been tested on the following GCP Public Images.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2016 Core
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2019 Core
- Windows Server 2019 for Containers
- Windows Server 2019 Core for Containers
Basic & Required
When using the cookbook's default recipe, you need to provide these values to the cookbook so that it can install the client on your system. You may have specified these values as a part of another cookbook.
||String||The URL to the SAPCAR executable to be used for extracting the SAP package||N/A|
||String||The complete URL to the SAP SAR package for the HANA client to be installed||N/A|
Advanced & Optional
These attributes are used to fine tune the installation.
||String||This is where the HANA client will live on your system.||
||Boolean||Signals the removal of any existing HANA clients in the
If you would like greater control over the installation, you can use the following custom resources in your cookbooks directly
Use the actions to install or remove an installation of the client to or from
the specified location.
uninstall removes any HANA client(s) found in the
hana_client "C:\\Root\\Path\\To\\Install\\hana-clientent\\" do soruce "URI:://to.download/the/package.sar" action :install end
hana_client "C:\\Root\\Path\\To\\Find\\hana-clientent\\" do action :uninstall end
License and Authors
Copyright 2019, SAP
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|hana-studio ~> 2.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the hana-client cookbook.
- Dan-Joe - BREAKING CHANGE - updated to support Chef 15 and 16. No other versions are tested.
- Dan-Joe - BREAKING CHANGE - update to reflect lack of support for chef 11.
- Dan-Joe - Added more complete test suites
- Dan-Joe - Updates to
.kitchen.ymlto support new functionality
- Dan-Joe - Updated for better functionality on non-windows machines.
- Dan-Joe - Converged old style LWRPs into Custom Resources
- Dan-Joe - Re-factor of logic and flow, consolidation of duplicated code
- Dan-Joe - Fix for issue with slashes in the path when running on chef-server.
- Dan-Joe - Added issues and source urls in metadata.
- Dan-Joe - Improvements for remote file resource OS agnosticity.
- Dan-Joe - Initial public release of hana-client.
Check the Markdown Syntax Guide for help with Markdown.
The Github Flavored Markdown page describes the differences between markdown on github and standard markdown.