cookbook 'firefox', '= 2.0.5', :supermarket
Installs Mozilla Firefox on multiple operating systems
cookbook 'firefox', '= 2.0.5'
knife supermarket install firefox
knife supermarket download firefox
This cookbook installs the
latest version of Firefox by default.
You can also specify a specific version, e.g.
Windows and Mac OS X platforms provide an option to select a specific language with
en-US being the default.
firefox_version method is also available to retrieve exact version installed.
- Chef 11+
- Mac OS X
- suggests windows
- suggests dmg
These cookbooks are referenced with suggests instead of depends, so be sure to upload the cookbook that applies to target platform.
version- Version of firefox to download. Default is
lang- Language of firefox to install. Windows and Mac OS X only. Default is
releases_url- URL for the releases directory for use by Windows and Mac OS X only. Linux platforms use package manager.
Include the default recipe on a node's runlist to ensure that Firefox is installed.
The following example retrieves the version installed by using
v = firefox_version
License and Author
Author:: Tim Smith(<email@example.com>) Copyright:: Copyright (c) 2012 Webtrends Inc Copyright:: Copyright (c) 2014 Limelight Networks, Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
firefox Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the firefox cookbook.
- Fix redirection forbidden
- Update platforms tested with Kitchen CI
- Run Travis CI tests in the container infrastructure and cache bundler installs
- Add a simple contributing doc
- Update development dependencies and breakout gems into groups
- Add license file
- Add cookbook version badge to readme
- Add cookbook and chef requirements to the readme
- Add license to the readme
- Add source_url and issues_url to metadata
- Fix installations on OS X
- Fix the Windows package name in the registry to prevent installs on each run
- Add a VMware Fusion Test Kitchen file for OS X testing
- Chefspec fixes
- Gemfile dependencies loosened
- Add support for Mac OS X, CentOS, and Ubuntu platforms
- Automatically determine latest Firefox package version
- Add firefox_version method that returns version installed
- Add a ability to select language for Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- Replace download URL with releases URL
- Install Firefox 32.0.3
- Install Firefox 30.0.0
- Switch to the new URL for the Firefox download CDN
- Add a new attribute for defining what version of Firefox to download ['firefox']['version']
- Install Firefox 25.0.1
- Install Firefox 17.0.1
- Update the download URL for Firefox since Mozilla changed hosts
- Bump from Firefox 15.0.1 to 16.0.1
- Fix the download URL
- Update to Firefox 15.0.1
- Update to Firefox 15
- Initial release with a Changelog
- Update to Firefox 14.0.1 from 13.0.1
2.0.5 passed this metric
2.0.5 passed this metric