cookbook 'drbd', '= 3.0.0'
cookbook 'drbd', '= 3.0.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install drbd
knife supermarket download drbd
Installs and configures the Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD) service for mirroring block devices between a pair of hosts. Right now it simply works in pairs, multiple hosts could be supported with a few small changes.
drbd cookbook does not partition drives. It will format partitions given a filesystem type, but it does not explicitly depend on the
xfs cookbook if you want that type of filesystem, but you can put it in your run list and set the node['drbd']['fs_type'] to 'xfs' or 'ext4' or whatever.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- Chef 12.15+
Installs drbd but does no configuration. If another version of drbd is desired, set the
For example, to install drdb 8.4 on CentOS you might set
node.override['drbd']['packages'] = %w(drbd84-utils kmod-drbd84).
Given a filesystem and a partner host, configures block replication between the hosts. The master will claim the primary, format the filesystem and mount the partition. The slave will simply mirror without mounting. It currently takes 2 chef-client runs to ensure the pair is synced properly.
The required attributes are
node['drbd']['remote_host']- Remote host to pair with.
node['drbd']['remote_ip']- Remote host to pair with.
node['drbd']['local_ip']- Remote host to pair with.
node['drbd']['disk']- Disk partition to mirror.
node['drbd']['mount']- Mount point to mirror.
node['drbd']['fs_type']- Disk format for the mirrored disk, defaults to
node['drbd']['master']- Whether this node is master between the pair, defaults to
The optional attributes are
node['drbd']['packages']- What packages are needed to install drbd, defaults to
There are a pair of example roles
drbd-pair-master.rb with the cookbook source.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
|yum-elrepo >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
drbd Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the drbd cookbook.
3.0.0 - 2021-03-17
- Updates default version to 9.0 on supported platforms
- Sous Chefs Adoption
- Cookstyle Fixes
- Use a SPDX standard license string
- Disable FC075 where we actually need it
- Cleanup Travis testing and Kitchen config
- Remove chef-solo compatibility check
- Add support for RHEL platforms by using yum-elrepo repository
- Use multi-package installs to speed up chef converges
- Testing updates
- Require Chef 12.1
- Converted Chef::Shellout to Mixlib::Shellout to prevent deprecation warnings
- Changed Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added gitignore file
- Added chefignore file
- Added initial Test Kitchen config
- Added Chef standard rubocop config
- Added Travis CI testing
- Added Berksfile
- Added Gemfile with testing deps
- Updated testing and contributing docs
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added additional platforms to the metadata
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Added basic convergence Chefspec
- Resolved Rubocop warnings
- # 3 - [CHEF-4979] add support for centos and multiple netwrok interfaces
- [COOK-2957]: drbd cookbook has foodcritic failures
- Initial release.