cookbook 'auditd', '= 0.1.4', :supermarket
auditd (9) Versions 0.1.4 Follow9
cookbook 'auditd', '= 0.1.4'
knife cookbook site install auditd
knife cookbook site download auditd
A simple cookbook to install auditd and provided rulesets. Rulesets included in the OS auditd/audit package as examples are based on 4 established standards:
- Controlled Access Protection Profile (CAPP)
- Labeled Security Protection Profile (LSPP)
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Security Technical Implementation Guides
The OS package provides the client side tools for working with the linux kernel audit framework.
Linux : any distribution in theory, but only Ubuntu and RHEL 6 have been tested.
- node['auditd']['ruleset'] - ruleset to use, either "default" (the default if
unset) or one of the provided examples
- NOTE: When using this recipe on RHEL systems, you're restricted to the "default" or "cis" rulesets, as RHEL uses version-specific paths for the .rules which we can't programatically determine at this time.
- node['auditd']['backlog'] - backlog size, default is 320 should be larger for busy systems
If you're using one of the default rulesets set the correct attribute based on the ruleset desired, one of:
- "capp" : Controlled Access Protection Profile
- "lspp" : Labeled Security Protection Profile
- "nispom" : National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- "stig" : Security Technical Implementation Guides
- "cis" : Center for Internet Security auditd recommendations
recipe[auditd::rules] in your run list. You can also set
node['auditd']['ruleset'] to the name of a custom rule
template to be used instead of one of the default rules.
If you are using the recipe from a wrapper cookbook, include the
recipe[auditd] to setup the service and use the
auditd_ruleset resource to place your custom rule template.
Ideally the auditd_ruleset resource could make use of a data bag search to build the data driven ruleset
Make builtins an array attribute to allow user updates without cookbook release.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.