cookbook 'unbound', '~> 2.0.1', :supermarket
unbound (5) Versions 2.0.1 Follow8
Manages unbound DNS resolver
cookbook 'unbound', '~> 2.0.1'
knife supermarket install unbound
knife supermarket download unbound
Installs and manages the unbound DNS server.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
A platform with unbound available as a native package. The following platforms have unbound packaged, but note that the filesystem locations are not consistent and at this time only Linux + FHS is supported.
- Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora (requires EPEL)
- Chef 12.7+
Install unbound from package.
For example usage see
The main configuration file for unbound. Many settings in the template are controlled via properties on the
unbound_configure resource. The file is located in the location specified in the
Set up local network resolver configuration with local-zone.conf.
Edit the stub-zone.erb template to create a stub zone configuration.
Edit the forward-zone.erb template to create a forward zone configuration.
Installs and configures unbound using defaults.
This example recipe will load the local zone data from a data bag if present, otherwise it will attempt to use
node['dns']['domain'] attribute. The various templates can be edited as required by the local user.
If this does not meet your needs use the
unbound_configure resource directly.
The intention of this recipe will be to setup the chroot environment if the chroot setting is enabled. However it is not yet complete.
Sets up remote control certificate attributes using the unbound configuration directory. Also creates the config file for remote-control settings and creates the certificates with unbound-control-setup.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the unbound cookbook.
2.0.1 - 2021-06-01
- Updated tests folder to match other cookbooks
- Updated spec platform to supported version
2.0.0 - 2020-05-05
- Upgraded to circleci for testing
- Minimum Chef Infra Client version is now 13.0
- Removed unused long_description metadata.rb field
- Simplify overly complex platform logic
- Migrate to actions for testing
- Simplify logic with root_group
root_groupnot using new_resource
- Use strings for file modes
- Resolve foodcritic warnings in the
- Fix platform_family logic on the service Update platforms.
- Use dokken images for travis testing.
- Don't test on debian-8/9 and centos-6 as these services don't currently start.
- Account for a list of forward-addrs / effectively disable remote control (#27)
- Add new custom resources
- Adding support and kitchen testing for forward_zone generation
- Updating to use Sous Chefs guidelines