cookbook 'ubuntu', '~> 1.2.1'
ubuntu (10) Versions 1.2.1 Follow65
Sets up apt sources for Ubuntu Linux
cookbook 'ubuntu', '~> 1.2.1'
knife cookbook site install ubuntu
knife cookbook site download ubuntu
Sets up apt sources for Ubuntu and manages the system locale settings
- Chef 11+
attributes/default.rb for default values.
node['ubuntu']['archive_url'] - Archived package repo URL
node['ubuntu']['security_url'] - Security update package repo URL
node['ubuntu']['include_source_packages'] - Add source packages to the apt sources. Defaults to true
node['ubuntu']['architectures'] - Optional array of architectures to download from the repos. Defaults to nil and all archs are used
node['ubuntu']['components'] - Repository components to use. Defaults to "main restricted universe multiverse"
node['ubuntu']['locale'] - The locale to set the OS to
node['ubuntu']['codename'] - A codename to use, defaults to
Includes the apt default recipe to ensure the package cache is updated and manages the
/etc/apt/sources.list for the node's platform code name. The template adds sources for main, restricted, universe and multiverse.
recipe[ubuntu] on systems where you want to manage the sources.list. Currently the template enables main, restricted, universe and multiverse for the node's codename (e.g., lucid, natty, etc). See Roadmap.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2008-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|apt >= 0.0.0|
ubuntu Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the ubuntu cookbook.
- Join architectures with commas to prevent failures when using more than 1 arch
- Updated the cookbook to cleanly exit if running on non-Ubuntu platforms
- Switched Travis CI integration testing from Digital Ocean to Kitchen-Docker on Travis
- Added testing on CentOS to Kitchen config
- Added standard Chef rubocop config
- Updated Berksfile to 3.X format
- Updated Contributing and Testing docs
- Updated development and testing gems in the Gemfile
- Added maintainers.md and maintainers.toml files
- Added Travis and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Added a chefignore file to limit what's uploaded to the server
- Added long_description, source_url, and issues_url to the metadata.rb file
- Resolved all Rubocop warnings
- Fixed compilation error on non-linux platforms
- COOK-4325 - allow setting codename as an attribute
- COOK-3852 - Ubuntu receipe triggers an apt-get update before replacing the default sources.list
- COOK-3852 - updating source.list before calling apt-get update
- Style and test harness
Text goes here
1.2.1 passed Foodcritic.
1.2.1 passed the Collaborator Metric with 4 collaborators.