cookbook 'pkgutil', '~> 2.0.0', :supermarket
pkgutil (5) Versions 2.0.0 Follow2
Manages Solaris pkgutil packages
cookbook 'pkgutil', '~> 2.0.0'
knife cookbook site install pkgutil
knife cookbook site download pkgutil
- Chef 12.1+
Configures the local the local pkgutil installation to point at the Open Community Software Project (OpenCSW) package repository. The optional cryptographic verification will also be enabled for the repository.
This cookbook provides a package provider which will install/remove packages using
pkgutil. This becomes the default provider for package if your platform is
package 'vim' do action :install end package 'vim' do provider Chef::Provider::Package::Pkgutil end
This resource provides an easy way to manage pkgutil repositories. Default action is
:add which enables the repository. Use
:remove to disable a repository.
pkgutil_repository resource has the following attributes:
||mirror to use for downloads (defaults to
||also called 'directories', see https://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/ for more|
||verify the catalog and each package using PGP|
||path to the gpg directory (defaults to
||additional options to use for underlying pkgadd commands|
||support non-CSW packages|
This resource will also ensure
pkgutil and any required public keys are installed!
You can run the tests in this cookbook using Rake:
rake integration # Run Test Kitchen integration tests rake spec # Run ChefSpec examples rake style # Run all style checks rake style:chef # Lint Chef cookbooks rake style:ruby # Run Ruby style checks rake style:ruby:auto_correct # Auto-correct RuboCop offenses rake travis:ci # Run tests on Travis
License & Authors
- Author: Martha Greenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Author: Yvonne Lam (email@example.com)
- Author: Seth Chisamore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright 2012-2014, Chef Software, Inc. (<email@example.com>) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
pkgutil Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the pkgutil cookbook.
- Enable use_inline_resources
- Testing framework updates
- Format readme and remove release engineering blurb
- Require Chef 12.1
- Converted the pkgutil_package into a true package provider that runs as the default on Solaris systems
- Added Chefspec tests
- Added Test Kitchen testing
- Add rubocop config and resolved warnings
- Added Gemfile with test deps
- Fixed Readme badges
- Added a chefignore file
- Added testing and contributing docs
- Added this changelog
- Added license file and license information in the readme
- Added name to the metadata
- Added source_url and issues_url to the metadata
- Added maintainers files and rake task to generate the markdown
- Fixed typos in the readme
- Added a .foodcritic file to disable FC048 and FC001
- Updated Travis CI config to test with Chef DK
FC001: Use strings in preference to symbols to access node attributes: /tmp/77ff88b0d83b28347af09098/pkgutil/libraries/pkgutil_repository.rb:73
FC001: Use strings in preference to symbols to access node attributes: /tmp/77ff88b0d83b28347af09098/pkgutil/libraries/pkgutil_repository.rb:92
2.0.0 passed the Collaborators Metric with 3 collaborators.