cookbook 'exabgp', '~> 2.0.0', :supermarket
exabgp (3) Versions 2.0.0 Follow2
cookbook 'exabgp', '~> 2.0.0'
knife cookbook site install exabgp
knife cookbook site download exabgp
Installs and configures ExaBGP the swiss-army knife of networking.
Supported Chef and Platforms
Chef 12.1 and newer
- poise-python (for package installation)
- git (for source installation)
||Location of the ExaBGP binary, only set on source installations||
||Location of the ExaBGP configuration file, only set when a resource with instance set to false is configured||
||URL to the git repository for source installtions||
||git ref of the version to install||
exabgp::default- Includes the
exabgp resource installs and configures ExaBGP. It does not create
an ExaBGP service. You will need to handle this separately via your service
resource of choice.
:install– Install and configure ExaBGP. (default)
:remove– Remove ExaBGP and configuration file.
instance– Name of the ExaBGP installation. If different than the name parameter of the resource. If it is set to false, it will not use the name parameter when naming the instance. This is for backward compatibility with the older version of this cookbook where you may be running an install from
cookbook– Which cookbook to look for the exabgp.conf.erb template
variables– Pass template variables in much like a template resource
install_type– Supports both :package and :source installations. Defaults to :package via python pip. If you'd like to support more installation options, send in a pull request. :heart:
# Installs into /etc/exabgp-anycast exabgp 'anycast' # Backward compatible with the previous exabgp cookbook # Installs to /etc/exabgp exabgp 'anycast' do instance false end # Use your own template from templates/default/exabgp.conf.erb exabgp 'anycast' do cookbook 'mycorp-exabgp' end # Setup a service service 'exabgp'
License and Authors
Copyright:: 2013-2016 Aetrion, LLC
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|poise-python >= 0.0.0|
|compat_resource >= 12.5.11|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
2.0.0 / 2016-02-24
- This cookbook is now Chef 12.1+ only compatible with a simplified resource rewrite. There are some backward-compatible additions noted in the readme. The default recipe now is only there for inclusion to let you use the exabgp resource.
- Added a better testing suite. Will add in better test kitchen coverage in the near future.
1.1.1 / 2015-06-17
- Changed attribute access to strings instead of symbols. Resolves a Foodcritic warning (FC001)
1.1.0 / 2015-06-17
- Added local-preference attribute to not use ECMP. PR#6 @ton31337
- Merged prefix and route attributes into one. PR#5 PR#7 @ton31337
- Laid the groundwork down for an upcoming LWRP for the 2.x release
1.0.2 / 2015-02-21
- Added in a new attribute to allow for disabling the static route in the exabgp config template
1.0.1 / 2015-01-23
- Sync to master for now to resolve a parse bug with incorrect community information
1.0.0 / 2015-01-23
- Updated README and LICENSE, much more to come in the next few releases
- Changed source install to point to the GitHub repository. They moved over a year ago, it's time we moved too. This also means we use git and dropped the mercurial cookbook dependency
- Defaulted to latest release at the time (3.4.7)
0.10.0 / 2015-01-19
- Adding berkshelf integration
0.9.0 / 2013-07-11
- Initial release of exabgp
2.0.0 passed this metric
2.0.0 passed this metric